PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Transport AOC under "G" FPL?

JanetFlight
31st Dec 2012, 16:01
Hi There;

Sometimes im seeing some bizjets and turboprops belonging to a specific operator, and flying under an AOC 90% of the times, that occasionally they fill some FPL's under the FLT Type "G" and not the "N" wich are associated to a normal AOC acft holder.

So my question is:

Ii it legal, as long as the aircraft "XYZ" operates under the AOC "123", to fill and perform some isolated flights under the private/general flt's category on a FPL "G" flight type, and some others on the "N" Flt type?

Is it allowed, it is not, or it could be done on a "so so" basis, cause there are no specific rules for a "yes" or "no" on this dubious matter?

With kind regards and tanx in advance,,,JF
Happy 2013:)

M-ONGO
31st Dec 2012, 17:15
A rather large European Bizjet operator would sometimes do this on positioning flights when runway requirements could not be met under commercial factors. No pax on, though.

dallas
31st Dec 2012, 17:49
It depends on the actual type of flight - if it's the owner it's G. If it's a charter it's a N, and this rule includes positioning sectors in support of the primary purpose of flight. With FTL or performance on the edge some operators have been known to change the last sector to G and this is frowned upon, but I don't think it's illegal provided the a/c is operated within the AFM and/or the crew are happy to extend their day. I suppose it depends if the general public are put in danger, which they won't be because it would only be switched around for empty sectors - else the live ones must be N.