PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Exits

Frobisher
16th Apr 2002, 12:21
G'day everyone :)

A friend is going up to Sydney on the 23rd for an interview with the RAAF to *hopefully* become a Crew Attendant, and she needs to know a little bit about the emergency exits on certain ac, and I was hoping someone here might be able to help :)

1. How many emergency exits are there on the BBJ, B707, Challenger 604 and Falcon 900?

2. Hypothetical Situation: You're sitting in seat 22A on a 737 800 how many seat backs would you have to count before you made it to an emergency exit (ie in a fire, you wouldnt be able to see your way out if the cabin was filled w/smoke and the electricity backup failed)

Thanks in advance for any replies :cool:

Shadowpurser
16th Apr 2002, 15:03
In a smoke filled cabin you'd keep low to avoid it ,and the emergency floor lights would direct you to the exits - red ones would highlight the exits.

If sitting at row 22 you'd go behind you roughly 5-6 rows to be at doors 2 and forward 9-10 rows to reachs the overwings - depending to A/C config.

Hope this helps:)

Iaingrant
16th Apr 2002, 16:52
On our 800's you would be 5 rows behind the overwing and 11 rows infront of the back doors. the other a/c i dont know.

GlueBall
17th Apr 2002, 22:09
And don't forget to count the sliding cockpit windows or ceiling hatch, as applicable.:cool:

durbin
17th Apr 2002, 23:34
The Falcon 900 as far as I know or can see has only two entries/exits and I am supposing that these serve as emergency exits. As in you use what ever one is useful, rear or forward. If you have lots of time on your hands you may want to check out www.aafc.adfc.gov.au . Go to their download centre and look for aircraft recognition manuals. They come under induction, basic, profiency and advanced. Check all of them as they all have some pretty relevant info on the aircraft that the RAAF uses. Apart from that try ringing recruiting or going to the nearest base and trying to find info on it. Engineers and people of that sort are sure to be able to help you out.

gofer
18th Apr 2002, 13:37
Remember never to calculate how many row from the seat row number. Different configs have different numberings - No row 13 or No row 8 or start 1st Class at 1 and Business at 11 and Cattle class at 21 or 31 depending on the size of the craft.

If you need to know count from door on the way in, then turn around and count to the next emergency exit. :o

411A
19th Apr 2002, 07:19
With the B707, it depends if it is equipped with additional exits for increased seating ie: as on the -320B/C...however the standard fit is...10 including flight deck windows....max 215 pax seating requires 12....4 doors, 4 overwing, 2 additional just aft of the wing + 2 sliding F/D windows. Note that the doors on the starboard side are smaller galley service doors.
PanAmerican had the best arrangement I have seen for locating exits in the smoke/dark...raised areas on the hatrack at each overwing exit. for touchy/feely...all this before floor lighting...
Watched with some ammusment years ago during C/A training (on ground)...the instructor was demonstrating how to remove the overwing exit plug...one of the girls tried this and tossed it thru the opening...and it went clang, clang thump, ending up on the ramp bent like a pretzel....and two holes in the inboard flap.:eek: