PDA

View Full Version : A.T.A Coventry...........new owners??

juswonnafly
14th Apr 2002, 12:51
Last year ATA were bought by Combined Financial Holdings PLC (and/or Avon Flying School).

As Combined Financial Holdings PLC have recently changed directors and have nothing to do with Avon Flying School (allegedly) I was wondering who the current owners are.

This thread will only be of interest to you if you have money invested in A.T.A by way of advance payment for courses.

Further details can be seen on the 'private flying' forum under 'Avon Flying School'

sunnysideup
15th Apr 2002, 11:20
ATA have not been bought by Conbined Financial Holdings. Combined Finanacial Holdings have never been invoved in any deal with ATA.

For full details surrounding the scare-mongering being done here, please do see "Avon Flying School" under "Private Flying".

Its bad enough someone can put the finances and piece of mind of members of Avon at risk with this low, disgusting, unprofessional behaviour (I would have thought those concerned would have learned their lesson).

But to bring a very reputable, credible, organisation like ATA into this and start a panic amongst those who have enough on their plate with the rigours of full time ATPL study is frankly intoloerable. It has no place in professional or leisure avaition and, IMHO, neither do the instigators of this kind of malicious gossip.

I hope that other users of pprune recognise that their forum is being used for someone to settle a personal score with someone else and, worse, bringing innocent people and reputable companies with enough to worry about into the equation.

Now, ATA, one of the best and most respected providers of ATPL theory training, is being used as a battle field.

Please, stop this now and have the courage to bring your views and your grevencies to the people you have them with face to face, instead of hiding behind unsigned letters and anonymous internet forums.

Or at least get your facts straight.

You cannot be a coward forever.

redsnail
15th Apr 2002, 12:21
G'day,
I am sitting in the office of ATA and having spoken to Hilary and Pete Lines this rumour is untrue.
There is no change to the ownership of this company.

Next time you have doubt about the company, why don't you ring up and ask?

Polar_stereographic
15th Apr 2002, 13:00
Moderators,

Time to establish the facts here and come down with the proverbial ton of bricks.

Quickly.

PS

scroggs
16th Apr 2002, 11:25
I have received the following message from ATA:

Juswonnafly's message about ATA having changed ownership is wholly untrue. It is not our policy to ask for payment 'up-front' as our low overheads do not demand it so nobody's money is at risk with us. I cannot correct the message posted as my account has not been activated. An incorrect rumour such as this could damage our business so requires a speedy reply

Unsubstantiated rumourmongering of this type can be extremely damaging to a business, and is very irresponsible. If you have reason to question such matters, why don't you go to the company first? Placing an unfounded allegation on this forum without making any effort to establish the facts of the case is cowardly and distasteful.

Oh, and as far as I am aware, placing 'allegedly' in the offending sentence(s) does not make you immune from a libel suit, so beware!:mad: