PDA

View Full Version : There's Old years and there's New years.

Kharon
29th Dec 2012, 05:23
Interesting article (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2012/12/29/canberra-gets-new-year-747-party-jet-and-will-moruya-get-a-new-cat-to-go-with-its-jets/)Ben Sandilands – Plane talking for discussion, raises some interesting points, but the bit caught my eye was:-

There was also a Moruya airport cat that couldn’t resist bounding up the rear stairs of the Friendship while the flight was turned around. It was such a part of the scene that the hostesses as they were once called would be ready to pour a saucer of milk for the moggy as soon as it stuck its head around the corner. Struck a memory chord, there was a family of white moggies at YMRY, each generation as deaf as the last. Hostie training knowledge passed along from the tit. Young K was told a story (over a cold one) that the 'first of type' went to Sydney in a wheel well, came back first class, but stone deef, (Dak or F27); and thus began the legend. Remember the dog with an airside ID and a non PC name, at YSSY, belong Pat Nolan. Every time you got on a tug, up popped the dog for ride. Ah, for the old, simple days eh? :D

megle2
29th Dec 2012, 09:06
Don't forget the Bundaberg cat ( was it Chief? ) who travelled to Brisbane by stealth on the odd F27 and was returned on the next flight
Had his ? own cat house at the terminal

Jenna Talia
29th Dec 2012, 12:31
Unrealistic and ridiculous to suggest a 737 or A320 service out of Moruya. I normally agree with Ben's comments, but this one is way off the mark.

denabol
29th Dec 2012, 20:54
I'd hate to see jets down there. It's one of our favourite family beach and bush trips from here. Ben was probably being sarcastic. The Canberra Times seems to think the local mayor was being serious. Geez, seriously wrong.

Desert Flower
30th Dec 2012, 03:39
Struck a memory chord, there was a family of white moggies at YMRY, each generation as deaf as the last.

White cats whose eyes don't change color will always be deaf. Not uncommon to see a white cat with one blue eye & one yellow eye - it will always be deaf on the side of the blue eye.

DF.

Kharon
31st Dec 2012, 03:10
Spot on DF, Cheers: – all the MRY cats (from memory) where blue eyed or partially that way. Love to think the bloodline continued.

Anyway, gives me a perfect opportunity to wish one and all a happy 2013, tailwinds, lots of cold ones served by your favourite squeeze de' jour and all the etc 's you'd like to think of.

Thanks for the laughs – more next year I hope.:D :D

Selah.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
31st Dec 2012, 08:14
ONYA Mr 'K', and to every one else who is 'good' as well......

Note: There could well be some exceptions.....

See Yas Next Year....

Cheers:p:p

p.s. Is it March I'm sorta lookin' forward to.....???
:}:}:}:}