PDA

View Full Version : NADP2

ispra
28th Dec 2012, 20:30
Can anyone clarify this for me:

Where a thrust reduction/acceleration altitude for a particular runway is given in the performance manual does this override the PANS OPS DOC 8168 NADP2 figures which are something like this: thrust reduction and cleanup at figure usually in the range of 850 -1500 feet, then maintain Vclean plus 10-20kts to 3000ft agl and then accelerate to climb speed, usually 250kts below 10,000ft.

I.e where performance figures are computed for a particular runway is there a need under PAN OPS including EUROPS to maintain the lower speed until 3000ft.

HPbleed
30th Dec 2012, 16:12
I don't know the exact answer to your question, I would however suggest that performance figures will have more importance than something which stops the neighbours complaining. Which they soon will if you crash into their house because you disregarded the performance figures.

qwsa
2nd Jan 2013, 00:25
My question is: what nadp 1 or 2 do you usually do on a320?

LeadSled
2nd Jan 2013, 01:06
Ispra,
The acceleration altitude on a specific runway analysis, where it is higher than the minimum, is usually for obstacle clearance, if it is for noise abatement, it should say so.
Either way, stick with the specific runway data.
Tootle pip!!

de facto
2nd Jan 2013, 04:15
Acceleration height has priority.
There is no thrust reduction until minimum acceleration is reached regardless of NDP.
NDP 2 gives you the choice to reduce thrust before or after flaps retraction,the lowest thrust reduction/flaps retraction is 800ft.

Microburst2002
2nd Jan 2013, 10:31
Performance calculations are calculated in case of an engine failure. With all engines operative the airplane will make any gradient regardless of noise abatement procedures