PDA

View Full Version : United Question

robtheblade
28th Dec 2012, 09:46
I have booked flights from Manchester U.K to Liberia C.R. These have a 1hr 40min change of plane at EWR and 40min change at IAH. I know the change times are very tight, but United have offered this schedule. The cheaper alternative would have been a 20h 36m layover at EWR.

I accept that there is a chance that it could go wrong. Should it go wrong, would United give me accommodation overnight, or would I be left to look after myself?

Thanks in advance.

Tableview
28th Dec 2012, 09:53
If you have booked the flights in accordance with the airline's published schedule, those connections are compliant with their minimum connection times and as long as you purchased a through ticket then a missed connection is the airline's responsibility.

If you undercut MCTs or booked separate tickets to undercut a through fare, you are on your own if you miss a connection.

robtheblade
28th Dec 2012, 10:39
I am not trying to get something for nothing out of United, get pissed off with the threads where people do. I could have paid quite a bit less for the flight with the 20hr layover.

I booked flights scheduled and offered by United who should know their MCT's, but do they have a responsibility to give me accommodation should they fail to get me on their advertised flights?

Sobelena
28th Dec 2012, 11:59
Your question has already been answered by Tableview! In short, yes.

Tableview
28th Dec 2012, 12:02
I am not trying to get something for nothing out of United

I wasn't implying that you were, but plenty of people think they are being very clever by undercutting through fares and/or MCTs and then blame the carrier when something goes wrong. I have had to deal with these people and the consequences of their actions.

obgraham
28th Dec 2012, 16:16
40 minutes at IAH?

Connections there always seem to be either at the adjacent gate, or 2 miles away. Wear your best running shoes.