PDA

View Full Version : IRR on A320

Rocket3837
25th Dec 2012, 18:55
Hi all,

How is holding pattern is performed during IRR? can I build the holding pattern on the FMGC and follow it or there is a requirement to follow the needles?

Appreciate if someone can direct me to a document explaining the way the examiner should follow when conducting IRR to pilots on A320/A330.
thank you

Flappo
25th Dec 2012, 19:06
It depends...holding pattern already in database or not. Holding over a navaid or using a waypoint/fix as reference...

Rocket3837
25th Dec 2012, 19:15
helo Flappo,

I meant holding over a beacon and it is in database.
My question regarding how the candidate should perform the holding pattern during his renewal of IR.
I am looking for a guidance (CAA/European) which describes the steps and techniques to be followed when perfoming IR renewl for pilots lke the old "Notes for the guidance of authorised instriment rating examiners"........ many thanks

Flappo
25th Dec 2012, 19:40
IMHO,I would check the accuracy, then FD/ LNAV and the needles as a backup. If the examiner wants to see your classic IR skills or how you manage raw data navigation he will/should tell you during the briefing or you can ask him...
But I donīt see a problem using all the resources you have, since you will perform an IR flight anyway...just take it as a normal IR flight.