PDA

View Full Version : QR Talent Pool

Tritzo
22nd Dec 2012, 08:47
Title says it all. Better to write here than to spam the "Joining Qatar Airways - All You Need To Know About" Thread.

disagreeable
24th Dec 2012, 02:37
About time, wish this thread happened 2000 replies ago :ok:

WXCptFedUp
25th Dec 2012, 12:16
Much easier to open a new thread indeed. Thanks for that but nothing new so far on the QR front.

ironbutt57
26th Dec 2012, 17:32
Seems things are starting to move, received my offer, and the others from my interview as well (April):ok:

ryanb5005
26th Dec 2012, 17:36
Ironbutt,
What position did you apply for and what is your experience level? I also interviewed in April.

Cheers

NonstandardofNorwich
26th Dec 2012, 18:29
How do I get into this talent pool?

Tritzo
26th Dec 2012, 18:30
Thank you for letting us know Ironbutt57! Congrats + hope to see you soon :)

chrislikesblue
26th Dec 2012, 20:04
Thanks for telling us the good news Ironbutt. Are you starting in January?

speedhold
26th Dec 2012, 20:48
Hi did u apply as a Non type direct entry FO for the a320??

WXCptFedUp
26th Dec 2012, 21:31
Good news for you buddy. Hope mine will be coming soon as well. interviewed in May F/O position non-rated.

What was your position ?

Cheers

casablanca
26th Dec 2012, 22:34
I believe ironbutt57 was hired as a wide body Dec.

speedhold
26th Dec 2012, 23:45
Are. There any guys that are direct entry fo non type rated waiting to start on the a320 just wanna see how many people are waiting like me. I interviewed on feb 29th 2012 any one care to post ..
Already signed and returned the contract in may got talent pool email in july and no updates since them

ironbutt57
27th Dec 2012, 03:03
No start date yet, 777 Capt., suspect once all the admin thingys are completed class will be late spring/ early summer.

How do I get into this talent pool?

Apply online, and pass the interview.:ok:

gourm
27th Dec 2012, 05:54
@ speedhold

Exact same as you
Non Rated FO
Interviewed on March 2012
Signed employment offer in may
Talent pool email in july and then nothing :hmm:

27th Dec 2012, 07:37
Interviewed October 3rd 2012, start 21st April 2013. DEC 777, currently Capt on 777.

aviatoreboy
27th Dec 2012, 08:21
@ speedhold

As you my friend:
Interview in mid march
good news april 10th
Signed contract A320 Non rated F/O 25th of april
Talent pool end of july
Nothing since then .

Have a good one
cheers

speedhold
27th Dec 2012, 09:16
So I see im not the only one any ideas why we havent recieved any updates like other have ie.... ntso

WXCptFedUp
27th Dec 2012, 09:29
@speedhold and others

Same boat FO non rated, interview in may, pass email in june, Talent pool in July, update email in december.

I guess, if you signed the contract and didn't receive the update that you should be called soon, I hope for you.

Cheers

Tritzo
27th Dec 2012, 12:33
Interviewed and passed NTSO beginning of NOV11.
Several "phone-offers" (it will come next week/month for sure, etc.)
Talent Pool MAY12
Waiting for FEB13 update since "NOV12" update

priest
27th Dec 2012, 13:05
Hi guys,
I'm also a non rated FO who was interviewed in June 12. I received good news and talent pool email in July 12. I have received the latest update and I'm waiting for the next one, as most of you, next Feb .
No LOE has been signed neither a contract.

Happy waiting to all of us !

speedhold
27th Dec 2012, 14:32
This is what i dont understand why do some non type fo get updates while others including myself who has signed the contract not get any updates EXCEPT the one from july .....

jeanpaul172
27th Dec 2012, 15:36
I wouldn't worry, you MOST likely didn't receive the update because you're in the pipeline at OPS to receive a DOJ. Goodluck man hope youll receive it soon! :ok:

speedhold
27th Dec 2012, 16:20
well lets see what happens current company i work for are calling to furlough pilots ... same old story here the US .... just need to get the hell out of the regional airline busy....

casablanca
27th Dec 2012, 18:28
If you did not receive November update that may very well mean you are about to receive Joining letter( as previously mentioned by Jeanpaul)
Then again it may be bad? Who really knows for sure? LOL!

celester340
30th Dec 2012, 08:34
Anyone knows how to update the application? I mean like license or flying hours or medical? Can we do it online or not?

Thanks.

crazy_max
30th Dec 2012, 13:40
LOL...........Or get some talent I would say. I am on the same boat as IronArse, interview last April, passed and then a deep silence, now I have been told between Feb. and May, I know that's a bit vague, but then again at least it's an answer.

WXCptFedUp
30th Dec 2012, 19:10
Hi CrazyMax,

Did you get them on the phone or via email ? Can you give us maybe some contact number out there ?

Many thanks, ...

migair54
1st Jan 2013, 10:05
Hi guys and happy new year.

Interviewed on sept, 26th december good news, nice Xmas gift, then now waiting...

letīs see how this develop, this is one of the most strange process in the world, nobody knows exactly how does it work or when will we join, anyway, what can we do?? just wait and see..

NTFO by the way.

chrislikesblue
1st Jan 2013, 23:40
Happy New Year brave swimmers !
I wish 2013 will be a year with happiness,better luck and less swimming.
Lets see if the ball starts rolling and the game begins for us. If anyone hears any news please let us all know.

luvly jubbly
2nd Jan 2013, 10:39
Not that funny.

Anyone can update that website. I could have typed that.
Except that I would spell the word "for" correctly

LJ

SAS-A321
2nd Jan 2013, 11:27
I have often seen incorrect updates about QR on PPJN, so I would not worry if I was in the pool.

tali
5th Jan 2013, 20:16
Hi all!
I did my interview 22th Feb
Got the contract on May,
Waiting since then.
Fo non type a320.

Good luck

aviatoreboy
9th Jan 2013, 08:02
Finally got my Date of joining in the end of February.
Assigned FO A320
Interviewed mid march 2012
Signed letter end of April
Talent pool 31 of july
Have not heard or had any updates since then.
Today I received an e-mail with a start date.
Guess things are still rolling even if it is in a slow pace.

See you guys in Doha ;)

speedhold
9th Jan 2013, 11:40
@aviatoire boy

congrats

im still waiting to hear from them and I interviewed in Feb 2012 nice to see that they are calling guys that interviewed after feb.. are you type rated already on the a320?

WXCptFedUp
10th Jan 2013, 15:45
Hi Guys,

It would be nice if you could give your background when you bring the positive news on the forum.

Indeed, if you are type rated (even A330 or Boieng), this can make some changes or give some priority Vs other guys.

Thanks

aviatoreboy
10th Jan 2013, 17:46
Hi Again guys
Since there was a demand for more info about background when you have got the call,here is mine
TT 4800
Jet 2300
No Boeing or Airbus experience.
ītil next time
cheers

WXCptFedUp
11th Jan 2013, 21:26
Thanks Aviatore boys and congratulations again.

Enjoy your training and see you over there maybe. ;)

vinouche33
19th Feb 2013, 22:23
Hi my friends,

Interview done in September 2012. ;)
Good news in November 2012:D
Talent pool.:cool:
Waiting for the update in Feb :ugh:

I'm FO A320 with 1000h on type, and less than 1500h total time, I am S/O fast track for QR.

Hoping to start soon inchallah ! :{

migair54
20th Feb 2013, 06:04
Hi guys... at least we can see that they are calling people slowly... some good news as well for our long wait..

By the way... In December a guy that works with me got an email from Qatar to update his experience with a form to fill.... Iīm in the pool as well but I never got the form or the email... could be because he is high in the list of people that they will call soon??

Regards to all

CAT1
22nd Feb 2013, 08:21
The 787 pilots who came from the 777 are being retrained on the 777, so until Boeing comes up with a fix I don't think many people going on the 777 will be getting a starting date.....

Prospin
13th Mar 2013, 11:46
Well Guys,

It's finally happened!

Interview Dec 2011!!!
Good news & subsequent offer letter in May 2012

Dumped into "talent" pool in July 2012

Absolutely no contact/updates what so ever since then until....

... an email yesterday from them notifying me of a November start date.

A320 non typed FO

Hope this helps to keep up hope for all of you who have been waiting a long time!

aka_makavel1
13th Mar 2013, 22:48
Congrats Prospin,
I got the same information yesterday, a start date of November 3rd 2013. Pretty much the deal as you;
non type rated A320 FO,
interviewed Feb 2012,
signed letter of offer May 2012,
Talent pool annonucement June 2012 then nothing for 8 months.

Prospin
14th Mar 2013, 09:01
Nice, I'm the 3rd as well!

Black Pudding
14th Mar 2013, 09:39
Pleased they are getting in touch with people. At least you have not been forgotten.

Guam360
14th Mar 2013, 16:43
..NTSO...?

WXCptFedUp
16th Mar 2013, 21:42
Hi guys,

For info and to give you an idea on the timeframe, a frined of mine who passed the selection in January 2012 as NTFO (He was captain with +6000 Hr) got a starting date for december 2013... no kidding, it's an absolute joke, about two years to get flying again... He refuses as he got a job with Emirates with only 2 weeks of waiting time... One less on the holding pool list. Hope this help to see where you are standing in the queue if still there.

cheers, :cool:

Guam360
23rd Mar 2013, 19:36
NTFO? NTSO?

something to do with first officer/second officer?

High Energy
23rd Mar 2013, 20:20
A quick question. I did my interview in FEB 2013 incl sim but not the new aptitude bit. After the sim I have not heard from Qatar in any way shape or form. It's been nearly two months and don't know what their normal procedure is.

In the mean time I have just got another job in the Gulf as I can't risk losing that whilst waiting for Qatar as they may never come. Who knows...

disagreeable
23rd Mar 2013, 23:07
You would be a fool to reject a job that has given you a start date.
Waiting for QR is bad enough, let alone knowing you waited for QR only to not be called/contacted or when you join find out that its not the job they portray in the "information sessions" and the interview.

priest
20th May 2013, 14:45
Today QR put a new recruitment event for rated FO (A320,330,340,B777).
Is it good or bad for all of us, non rated FO, waiting in the talent pool? http://1.1.1.3/bmi/images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

First Officer - Doha-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/2644.html)

Inno
6th Jun 2013, 11:45
Hello everybody... Someone is been called for NTR FO position? In the pool from more than 1y... Today Etihad open for NTR FO...

migair54
7th Jun 2013, 16:26
Etihad open but when you try to apply they ask for people with rating on B737, 747, 757, A310 and some others, so itīs not that open... however when you read the minimums in the careers web it doesnīt mention but if you try to apply the step 3 is that...

Ethiopia
16th Jun 2013, 09:05
Pretty quiet lately, no?

migair54
16th Jun 2013, 13:24
Too quiet, I wish we could have more info, but I know in the next months they are speeding up the training, and that has been said by the chief ground instructor to one of my best friends during a flight.

Anyway i see I still have to wait a bit more, but I have nothing better to do, so in my case i will wait.

reaz
16th Jun 2013, 14:05
Hi,

I have Dash-8/300 hours, which is 19500 KG MTOW (Not 20,000 KG). Not sure if that qualifies!

"Minimum of 1,000 hours in one of the following categories; Multi crew, multi engine jet aircraft, or command turbo-prop above 20,000 kg MTOW or high performance military jet (Multi Crew Co-operation certificate required)".

Is there any non type rated pilot with Dash-8/300 hours who applied and accepted.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

migair54
16th Jun 2013, 19:20
I know 2 guys that are flying the Dash 8 (F/O) that did the interview for FTSO past september, and they have flown the -300 lately but before they used to fly the small one in the bush.

They both failed in the personal interview, they didnīt even make it to the simulator, but they were called and they did the process, so I think this answer your question.

reaz
19th Jun 2013, 22:47
No unfortunately it didn't.

Because I was referring to FO position not FTSO.

Thanks for the response, anyway.

Frenzo
19th Jul 2013, 21:45
Interviewed June 2012, got email passed selection/welcome to talent pool email july03 2012, received every update ever since. and two weeks ago please update your hrs email which I sent then yesterday Received an email stating thank you for your patience in waiting on the talent pool but unfortunately they have withdrawn my application due to higher management decisions.

So WTF??? has any one else received something similar???
NTR FO
8,000+ hrs regionals Flying Pic.

alex storm
20th Jul 2013, 21:30
Ciao Frenzo,
I'm Alex, I had interview in june like you, and the rest is the same, but after update of my last experience no news....I'm sorry for that.
The last rumors reported that they will decide in september about FO NTR caming from heavy aircraft like B767 in the talent pool. Good luck.

Comm
21st Jul 2013, 09:46
Yep.....email off fad talent saying I'm too old now for fast track 2nd officer.

Yes it's true....I'm 41.5 now....... Been in talent pool since Aug 2012.......

4,000 hrs mostly co-pilot turboprop....now flying 45 tonne jet....(250hrs at the mo) ...

Told me to apply when I meet hrs for first officer.

Bit frustrating. I passed the age limit some time ago and only now they tell me I'm too old.

It's as if they're going through the pool n trying to get rid of as many as poss.

00028EC
21st Jul 2013, 12:47
Frenzo, I am so sorry for you! I am a NTR F/O pretty much in the same situation as you (except the last email). What can be the problem about you? Age Limit? How old are you? Thank you very much and good luck.

Obbie
21st Jul 2013, 15:47
Guys.....look at the world around you......things have shifted.

They are looking for ONLY type rated and current pilots now.
The market is different from when you started your application.
You are no longer competitive in the current market condition.

Be smart and don't waste your time on them.
They are not wasting their time on you for sure !!!!.

SIDS N STARS
22nd Jul 2013, 07:14
It appears they are continuing to reduce the numbers in the Talent Pool. They started with SO's and now the NTR FO's.

Taking type rated applicants has merit, but not everyone wants to move to the middle east, especially if you're an FO who is not far away from a command in your current job.

Sooner or later the number of type rated applicants will reduce to the levels where QA will have to take NTR applicants if they wish to crew the aircraft they have on order.

Just my opinion.

disagreeable
22nd Jul 2013, 08:31
Shame they are doing this, but, and i hate saying this, but you were all told of this outcome many months ago.

Its fine to wait for a job that guarenteed, its not fine to "expect" a job, especially here/qr as they dont care, they are not organised and view you as a higher paid slave and if you like to equate yourself to being a whimpering pilot slave with qr as the only option, then your placing all your eggs in one basket, so to say and setting yourself up for disappointment.

I would be all looking for any other opportunity while u wait.

In terms of hiring, the contracts are crap for fasttrack so's. applications have dropped substantially, and QR is trying to create an illusion of "competitiveness/hard-to-get-in" by not calling people and demanding higher hiring req's such as jet time and type ratings etc.

Until the a/c deliveries are constant and they have competent training managers that wont screw things up then they can afford to screw the hold file around.
They have more money than common sense and no ethics mostly.

Global01
29th Jul 2013, 23:32
Guys just want to let you know that QR is still interviewing SECOND OFFICERS, cant believe that, they keep some waiting for 2 years and they interview more... My brain is blocked..

Any news/rumours about the sept update ??? Apparently they'll call some NTSOs and NTFOs ,Good luck to everyone

G01

Inno
30th Jul 2013, 07:01
Hi Global 01
Are you sure about the next sept update will be fine for some of us in the pool ?
From what i heard, for the 2013 they are ok and they will start with some slot available next year...
Always Good luck all

Global01
31st Jul 2013, 00:13
Inno

How can i be sure ? Well am not but i hope its true. The management told us no vacancies till next year but i always hear ppl getting offer etc ( ppl i know ) plus QR is still interviewing pilots including second officers so they should call all of us eventually....Everyone is tired of the same update every couple of month, hope next one is GOOD NEWS, if not, that means nothing for at least 6 or 7 months...

Mieux vaut tard que jamais, So we wait :-)

G01

mmorel
31st Jul 2013, 17:24
it depends on you ,I know people that did the interview in FEB 2013 and join in April 2013.If they need you ,you will be hired right a way .

good luck

Ethiopia
31st Jul 2013, 17:52
Hope the next update will bring a bit of hope for us... but day by day the future looks darker...

In any case good luck to all those waiting.

Sgt-Pilot
9th Dec 2013, 07:51
Has any SO waiting in the pool being recruited recently??
It looks like they are taking lot of pilots these days but don't hear anything about SO's though:confused:

migair54
10th Dec 2013, 05:37
I have not heard anything as well but I heard that they are recruiting lot of A320 rated guys but still not enough to cover up, many planes arriving and looks like new airport will be online soon, it's already open for cargo flights.

titto
11th Dec 2013, 09:45
Heey Sgt-Pilot i am i the talent pool as well for SO, when did you do your interview??

cccc
12th Dec 2013, 09:53
I am one of the FTSO, and I am in the pool since FEB 2012.
The last update received wrote that no (FT)SO are required for 2013/2014.
I hope this changes.
Apparently the new airport opens around July 2014. I guess this would speed up the recruitment, as they will be able to receive the required aircrafts.
Any info is welcome about talent pool guys/girls.
Cheers

Sgt-Pilot
15th Dec 2013, 07:46
Hey titto Interview in Nov2012 NTSO. What about you?
There seems to be a big pool of SO's at this stage!