PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Thread 2012

flywatcher
22nd Dec 2012, 06:01
It has been a great year taking part in this forum over the past twelve months, some posts have been interesting, some unusual, some perhaps, well perhaps but most importantly, we all have the same ideals, to fly safely, to keep out of trouble, and, at the end of the day, come home to our wife and children, or grandchildren as the case may be.

I sincerely hope that we have all accomplished this and I would like to wish you all safe flying and happiness in the next twelve months, I hope that nothing untoward occurs, your health is good and your wife still loves you, your children are strong and healthy, your car starts in the morning and you can still afford to buy the groceries.

Best wishes to all the flying fraternity for great Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.

The Flywatcher

Lookleft
22nd Dec 2012, 07:29
And all the best to you Watcher of Flies!

farmer dan
23rd Dec 2012, 06:06
Well said....

unionist1974
23rd Dec 2012, 06:20
And a Happy New Year to all PPruners :8

Piano Man
24th Dec 2012, 04:40
Well it's that time of year again. Wishing everyone a safe festive season and those commuting to work then be safe on the roads.

No more photos from me this year although will be back in the new year armed with the camera. For all those who offered there kind words with the shots then my appreciation to those who did.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the silly season wherever home is!

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Dec 2012, 04:53
AND THE SAME TO YOU AND YOURS Mr Piano Man,.....

And pleeeze, do keep up the good work in the New Year....

Cheers :ok::oh:

OZBUSDRIVER
24th Dec 2012, 07:15
Thank-you and a Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the mods for letting me play here for another year. Thank-you fellow pruners for putting up with this tragic sole, wishing you all a safe happy Xmas with family and friends and see what 2013 does to us. :ok:

Avgas172
24th Dec 2012, 07:53
Ditto :ok:

Ultralights
24th Dec 2012, 08:40
happy christmas and merry new year... Hic... so, who will be over the harbour at 12 on the 31st?

Dog One
24th Dec 2012, 09:15
Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous Safe New Year to all Ppruners

Giles Tuwotu
25th Dec 2012, 18:45
Great to see we all survived first the inevitable work Xmas "do", then the apocalypse of the 21st, and the food/alcohol binge of the 25th... let's hope we can also survive the Boxing Day sales and sunburn of summer!

But most of all... let us survive our errors of judgement and stupid mistakes... aviation is an unforgiving mistress... treat her with respect and she'll bring you the most fun you can have with your pants on... treat her with contempt and she'll fcuk you up in the most permanent way.

Here's to long uplines and slightly shorter downlines!

Debby Nair
30th Dec 2012, 06:42
As the calendar clicks over to another new year, it's time to spend a moment remembering those whom we miss - and Wiz, I miss your posts, your encouragement, your photos and the occasional phone call - an irreplaceable pilot, raconteur and ppruner. RIP.