PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Airway Manuals for private operations

Harmattann
21st Dec 2012, 12:02
Hi to everybody!

Can anybody clarify to me following question:

I plan to fly as a freelancer on private jet with "M" registration. Where i can find in EU-OPS regulations that i MUST have Jeppesen Airway Manual physically on board, of course up to date etc. for specific regions of operations.
We have EFB, on-board electronic charts, but i really want to see regulations or requirements about manuals.

Thank's

Grum
21st Dec 2012, 16:17
Hi Harmattan

I can't tell you where it states that you need the airway manuals. However, even though you have an EFB etc this needs to be 'approved' by the Isle of Man authority. The approval should be along with your Navigation approvals for RNP10 RNP5 etc. Without that approval you are still required to carry paper charts. And this I suppose would mean airways manuals for the route to be flown.

Obtaining approval is pretty simple and they are very helpful there in Douglas.

We once used a giant photocopier to copy valid en-route charts for a ferry flight. It kept us legal.

Trim Stab
21st Dec 2012, 16:24
The MCAA do not require paper charts for private operations on their aircraft. I regularly flew an M VLJ with charts on the MFD and on an iPad as backup. Far safer than paper!

deefer dog
21st Dec 2012, 17:17
From the IOMAR web site:

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/ded/Aircraft/Approvals/rp35operatingstandardsforelectro.pdf

Harmattann
29th Dec 2012, 10:40
Huge thanks for answers!

Wish to everybody Happy New Year and alot of safe flights!