PDA

View Full Version : King KAP 140 auto pilot problem.

cezam
21st Dec 2012, 06:44
We have a 2000 Cessna U206H with the King KAP 140 auto pilot. On pre-flight the ailerons did not move freely, kind of dragged, and we found that the server motor clutch was catching intermittently. Has anyone had this problem before and how was it solved? We've run the AP on the ground and it seems to work normally and disconnects normally, but still the clutch catches once in a while when everything is off.

westhawk
21st Dec 2012, 08:11
Refer to the King A/P CMM and check/adjust the servo clutch as per the instructions? If no qualified technician with appropriate information and tools is available to check/adjust the servo, the airplane should not be flown. Alternatively it may be possible to remove the servo unit to prevent interference with the aileron control cable circuit so the airplane can be flown to a place where repairs can be accomplished. King may be able to provide technical support and advice. I recommend contacting them.

Best,

westhawk

cezam
21st Dec 2012, 13:29
Thanks, Westhawk. I'm in the middle of Africa and don't have a CMM for this AP. If you know where I can download one online that would be great. I've looked a bit. Nearest Avionics shop is in South Africa, about a 7 hour flight, so we try to sort out problems ourselves if possible. If we need to, we can remove it an send it down.