PDA

View Full Version : Cessna twin C6-BPK

Hotel Tango
20th Dec 2012, 20:49
C6-BPK is believed to be a Cessna 402. It was seen operating and was photographed at FLL earlier this year. However, there is no known a/c with this registration to be found on the register. The reg is confirmed from the photo. Anyone out there have an i/d on this a/c?

DaveReidUK
21st Dec 2012, 08:15
Painted with the wrong registration, perhaps ? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Hotel Tango
21st Dec 2012, 11:10
Yes, that's possible of course. I've seen that happen at my airport when an a/c came out of the paint hangar. When it does happen it's normally sorted within a short period of time and there's usually a "record" of it with the wrong reg. In this particular instance no amount of digging has revealed anything, making me even more curious, especially since its Florida ;)

Halcyon Days
23rd Dec 2012, 09:18
Dummy reg for a film perhaps ?
Bogus reg for night time "freight runs" to Bogota??

Hotel Tango
23rd Dec 2012, 09:32
Could be a multitude of things, all of which I have already considered and dismissed, with the exception that of it being a deliberately fictitious reg connected to illegal activities. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

FG_data
23rd Dec 2012, 11:38
Before anyone ends up in court.....

It's genuine, C402C 0332 reg 21-05-2010.

Hotel Tango
23rd Dec 2012, 12:41
Before anyone ends up in court.....

:eek: Well, being Florida as I said, I was only sharing a distant thought and not actually stating a fact!

Anyway, all is now cleared up, many thanks for that FG_data.

My apologies to the owner of C6-BPK if this thread caused any embarassment.

DaveReidUK
23rd Dec 2012, 12:42
Interesting - I wonder where it's been hiding all this time ?

FG_data
23rd Dec 2012, 14:04
In the Bahamas, was cancelled to there about 10 days before it was registered.

DaveReidUK
23rd Dec 2012, 15:17
In the Bahamas, was cancelled to there about 10 days before it was registered.

Not necessarily.

It was certainly cancelled from the FAA register on 10th May 2010 as having been exported to the Bahamas, but that doesn't mean it actually went there - the only place where it has actually been reported as being seen since then is Fort Lauderdale.

FG_data
23rd Dec 2012, 15:45
Flightaware has last tracked flight as N442BK on 1 may 2010 FLL to Nasau.

BILAL
29th Aug 2013, 01:56
C6-BPK was formerly N442BK before getting "D" registered and moving to Nassau Bahamas in 2010. Although still owned by the same guy- Pervez Khan through a corporation, it was formerly the backbone of AERO LEASINGS, INC. FAA 135 charter certificate, dba AIR FLORIDA. The ownership of C6-BPK is under a Nassau Corporation named AIR FLORIDA. It is being leased to First Class Air Charters out of Nassau, Bahamas although at this time sits at Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport awaiting a major structural repair sign off from a wing swap, and a much needed paint job at that as the wing is YELLOW, from a former Yellow Air Taxi aircraft. Annual Inspection pending as well due Bahamian CAA has not authorized a US Repair Station to do the work. Until then it sits at Sheltair Northside Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport, wanting to fly.