PDA

View Full Version : Final Accident Report AW139 SAR crash Spain 2010

Modtro
20th Dec 2012, 12:11
Hi everyone. Just finished reading the report from the Helimer 207 that crashed in 2010 a few miles off the coast in Spain (link below and in english), and it left a disturbing feeling of how things are or have been done in this part of Europe...

I think it could be a good discussion point of how things are done abroad, with what standards and what could be done to improve the safety in these high risk operations. I have not flown any offshore or SAR yet, but I do have the wish and desire to do so at some point.

M.

http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyres/C6E653F5-E80D-42A8-9562-B8EB29B71E0F/113643/2010_002_A_ENG.pdf

Thomas coupling
20th Dec 2012, 18:17
You'd think, wouldn't you that in the 21st century, with helicopters having flown for over 70yrs and SAR having been flown for 60+yrs, that especially EASA would have their sh*t in their sock. It seems the Spanish (and no doubt other countries) simply make it up as they go along:eek:
It's at times like this (after reading the conclusions and recommendations) that we should stop bitching about our CAA and praise them for their efforts in making the industry safer.
Let's hope the recommendations are adopted not only by the Spanish but also others who know what's good for them.
Atleast the end was quick and they knew nothing about it.

apb
20th Dec 2012, 19:08
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/402948-sar-heli-down-almeria-7.html#post7495636

Modtro
20th Dec 2012, 20:53
Thomas coupling: That is what's most disturbing, after such a long time, lots of experience to learn from and people willing to give their most to improve things, that this still happens! I absolutelly agree with your view. Specially looking at it with cold blood, it was quick for them.

apb: Thanks for pointing out the other thread, I thought I searched all the pages to see if it already existed but aparently I didn't well enough.

We all should do our best to make it as safe as possible.