PDA

View Full Version : “Premium” on Virgin; no way to run an airline

ozaub
19th Dec 2012, 08:12
Virgin Australia advertises that SLF in Premium on long-haul flights can pick their seats; it’s not true. After my wife and I booked “Premium Deal” flights to Europe our travel agent refused to do seat assignment for us because it was too difficult. So I phoned Virgin “Customer Care” and was alarmed to find that on our VA29 SYD/AUH flight next April we’ve been assigned seats 12E and 13E. These are one behind the other, in middle of aircraft. We’re both 68 and dread a 14 hour flight where we must climb over other SLF to reach the aisle.
Virgin refuses to change our seats and claims seat allocation is “locked”. Yet Virgin still offers “Premium” seats on our flight. So presumably those who book now will get even worse seats, but they won’t find out until after they’ve paid. That’s shonky!]Has anyone else been similarly misled? If so please report it here and I’ll formally complain to ACCC.

BTW I’ve booked over 100 flights since I last used a travel agent. Did so for this trip only because Virgin’s web site is so crude and does not allow stop-over and open jaw bookings.

ExXB
19th Dec 2012, 10:02
Can I suggest you amend your subject to indicate Virgin Austalia? Atlantic and America are different companies, no doubt with different booking systems.

rog747
19th Dec 2012, 11:07
isnt this a codeshare with the 'home' airline?

and uses their a/c?

Malone
19th Dec 2012, 16:07
I think that it may be a codeshare with Etihad.