PDA

View Full Version : RFDS conditions

youbuet
18th Dec 2012, 08:56
Would anyone have a rough idea of the package for the RFDS jobs advertised last Friday on the AFAP jobs ?

clear to land
18th Dec 2012, 09:50
On the AFAP website you can access every sections EBA-you just need to be a member! :ok:

Wally Mk2
18th Dec 2012, 10:53
..........you join the 'Rufdus' for reasons not solely about $$$$. It's a meaningful job,rare these days &the SE section is run by a great bunch of old codgers too:ok:

Wmk2

Howard Hughes
20th Dec 2012, 00:32
From 1st January 2013:

1st year pilot (at Mascot)= $95330 + Allowances (phone/internet, meal), 70% of that amount during line training which could take up to 3 months (2 months if Kingair endorsed).

7th year pilot with check and training (highest incerement) = $125,553.

As a PBI, you are also able to salary sacrifice up to $16,036 per annum, which increases buying power.

Wally Mk2
20th Dec 2012, 02:04
"HH" I see you guys are still on the same $$$, not too shabby tho:ok:

3months line training hey?....hmmmmm.....must be the new space shuttle version of the old Beech you guys have:-)

Say G'Day to old Bob for us will ya HH, does he do Xmas cakes for you guys up there? He is/was famous for his xmas cakes........just don't take a bite out of them within 48 hrs of a duty tho:E

Merry Xmas to all those great guys/gals at the 'RUFDUS' who make a difference:ok::ok:

Wmk2

Howard Hughes
20th Dec 2012, 02:16
Nah flying the old Beech is the easy bit, it's all the other stuff that takes a while to learn. :ok:

PS: I have heard mention of the Christmas cakes, I'm yet to see one though!;)

Stationair8
21st Dec 2012, 03:01
So what happens after year 7 HH, the RFDS don't want to pay for experience or hope you keave?

Howard Hughes
21st Dec 2012, 09:56
Previously it took 15 years to reach the highest increment, with increases every second, or sometimes third year. At the last EBA the 15 years was condensed to 7 as a way if getting people to the top increment sooner! So in effect they are paying for experience compared to the previous EBA. :ok: