PDA

View Full Version : OzRunways Question...

JetA181
17th Dec 2012, 22:10
Does anybody know what the yellow "X" on the planned flight track means? I haven't seen this before.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b578/top_end_dude/image1_zps9ede25b4.png

megle2
17th Dec 2012, 23:15
I'll have a guess with out referring to a manual
Yellow = caution, whats about, Mt Kaputar, Lsalt caution maybe as it must be within a few miles of track

fujii
18th Dec 2012, 03:21
Why ask here? Contact Oz Runways, you'll get the correct answer and it takes just as long to type.

Base check
18th Dec 2012, 05:06
It is where the treasure is hidden.

Volumex
18th Dec 2012, 05:19
At that speed, that is the point you die of old age.

Shagpile
18th Dec 2012, 07:17
At that speed, that is the point you die of old age.

And looks to be flying a jet !

To answer the question, it's the highest point of terrain.

JetA181
18th Dec 2012, 08:01
Typical pprune, I actually did email ozrunways but there was no response.

There is never a shortage of smartarses on here.

megle2
18th Dec 2012, 08:35
Hey how about that, my logic was pretty close

Now if the cross had of been red instead that would mean ...........

Shagpile
18th Dec 2012, 08:42
Unless its something to benefit everybody, probably best to close this thread and email questions direct to [email protected]

Not sure why I didn't get yours JetA, I answer about 20 per day and never leave any unanswered emails (as far as I'm aware).

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Dec 2012, 09:24
G'Day Shagpile,

I wouldn't mind that some good questions are on here, as a few of us might like to know as well, and this obviously saves the same answer to the same question to multiple users....

And, 'Tis good PR and a good 'look' for your fine product....

Cheers:ok:

Keg
23rd Dec 2012, 20:32
I'm sure this is a settings issue somewhere but I can't work it out. In the picture below you can see the 10 mile markers to the east of Hecto. However on the west side of Hecto on the active leg there is an additional pink marker interspersed among the 10 mile markers. It's not a big deal but can be annoying on longer legs.

What is it I've missed?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/Keg767/f915050720c51003a5775a930b673499.jpg

megle2
23rd Dec 2012, 21:42
no haven't seen that so far
but that sword fish beak drives me crazy, haven't found how to get rid of it yet

peterc005
23rd Dec 2012, 22:13
Try under -> Settings, then:

Own Ship Icon and

Waypoint sub-types

The Navigation ability of Ozrunways has really moved forward in the last few months. It's still a little rough in places and crashes sometimes, but is getting very good and will get there eventually.

I used to prefer AirNav Pro for in-flight navigation, but now Ozrunways is my preferred app. You get an amazing amount of functionality for about 100 bucks.

Jack Ranga
23rd Dec 2012, 22:34
Keg, we're you VFR? :E

Keg
24th Dec 2012, 00:46
Lol. No. Note though that I'd picked up the new Qstreaming wifi signal. You're lucky I wasn't watching a movie. :ok:

I didn't actually realise I'd picked up the wifi until just abeam Wagga. I was able to connect and search through the menus. No time to watch anything though. :{ :E

A bit more info re the issue. When you transit Hitch and the next waypoint becomes active, you get more of those pink lines interspersed with the ten mile markers on the active leg. ie, it once ever affects the active leg.

Ultralights
24th Dec 2012, 04:36
could be 10 min markers?
:}

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Dec 2012, 04:56
Or for 'clearing' other (competitors.....) traffic out of the way.....

:uhoh:

peterc005
24th Dec 2012, 06:50
Those pink bars are 10 mile markers.

To remove them go into Map View Options.

Looks like you have a track out and another one back, which is why sometimes there are overlapping pink bars.

Not sure you'd need 10 mile markers for a VFR flight. I thought it was only the military that used these?

Jabawocky
24th Dec 2012, 09:13
Bit right of track Keg, was the FO watching a movie and not keeping track?:}

Could you have zoomed in or out and they remained painted? Lazy pixels?

Trent 972
24th Dec 2012, 09:38
Keg,
Interestingly all the magenta ticks after HECTO and evenly spaced ticks prior to HECTO are rendered on top of the green trk line and the errant magenta ticks prior to HECTO are rendered beneath the green trk line.

Keg
24th Dec 2012, 12:10
Peter, thanks for input. I'm pretty sure they're not 10 mile markers- not the random ones between the actual 10 mile markers anyway. The 10 mile markers work as advertised beyond Hecto and I want them there. It's the random ones on my active legs I don't want.

The 'track back' is actually my track history. Definitely only the leg from PH to HECTO in the plan.

I used 10 mile markers on every nav I ever did using a WAC chart- which was every NAV. I use them in ozrunways now as an easy way to assist me to judge scale when I'm zooming the scale in and out.

As for the rest of you comedians. :}

Ultralights, I thought maybe 1 min markers initially but the scale doesn't fit.

Jaba, I'd never be right of the cleared route though. Just can't be bothered loading the entire SID into the route when I don't normally get it out until about 20,000'. Those marks are still there when I zoom in. Their relative bearing to the 10 mm doesn't appear to change either. If they look to be two miles away from a 10 mm zoomed out they appear 2 miles when zoomed in.

Great pick up Trent. I hadn't noticed that before. Tomorrow ill turn off the 10 mile markers and see if it drops off the other spurious ones too.

Here is one taken a bit earlier in the flight. You can see more lines interspersed on this one. They appear about 17- 18 mile apart. Note I have he 'bearing to' line on in this one.

PS: Bad Elf GPS on extension is working like a charm when suctioned to the side window.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/Keg767/2077370640af44edef84b70369b09e62.jpg