PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet pre boarding

I-WEBA
17th Dec 2012, 06:49
I Flew with Ezy just a few days ago. In Malpensa and in the airports where they board using the bus or on foot, they use to pre board passengers either before the airplane arrival or just when. My question is: how do they perform pre boarding when they use the finger (loading bridge)? Pax can't wait in it because they need to disembark from the finger

Hotel Tango
17th Dec 2012, 10:15
Sorry, but are you serious?

ExXB
17th Dec 2012, 11:26
In Geneva, where many Squeezy flights are boarded through bridges, the pre-boards, including Squeezy-boarding are called first and invariably must queue up at the aircraft door, until the cabin crew are ready to receive them. Can't say they do this elsewhere though.

tjamesbo
21st Dec 2012, 18:12
I did the speedy Board at liverpool on a Bridge Yes we queued at the Door but i think they have stopped it now from november ??? you prebook your seat now
A big improvement as sometimes you paid for a speedy Board and didnt neccessarily get it especially abroad at some airports

DaveReidUK
21st Dec 2012, 21:01
I did the speedy Board at liverpool on a Bridge Yes we queued at the Door but i think they have stopped it now from november ??? you prebook your seat now

Yes, seats are preallocated.

No, they haven't stopped Speedy Boarding.

Sunnyjohn
22nd Dec 2012, 17:37
Yes, seats are preallocated.

No, they haven't stopped Speedy Boarding.

Correct. Just flown Valencia-Gatwick-Valencia. We pre-booked seats and speedy boarding both ways. All seats not pre-booked are numbered, the numbers being written on the boarding passes. Excellent flight both ways, good staff, attentive but not too noisy, and good-humoured. Very clear safety delivery, in English and Spanish, and all messages were spoken in both languages. Excellent landings. Full marks to Easy!

Hotel Tango
22nd Dec 2012, 19:12
Excellent landings.

Wow how unusual!!! And how were the take-offs? :hmm:

Sunnyjohn
23rd Dec 2012, 13:17
Dunno - I's asleep.

I-WEBA
26th Dec 2012, 15:34
Yes, time for easyjet is vital, they have short turnaround time so In Mxp (there are not jet bridges) or other airport they start pre boarding before airplane arrival. Passengers wait in a per boarding are and then they board cobus or they walking to the plane (mxp). Using jet bridges boarding pax can't wait inside the jet bridge because before arrival passengers must use that in order to disembark. I was curious to know if they do something to optimise time, such as disembarking passengers from aft door using stairs and board via jet bridge or something else....

Thank u for replies

fa2fi
26th Dec 2012, 18:04
Not sure in MXP but in AGP boating is done by air bridge. Passengers are pre boarded and held behind a gate just before the air bridge. Arriving passengers go down to arrivals and once everyone is off the gate is open and passengers can then go down to the aircraft door area and wait fôr the crew to accept passengers.