PDA

View Full Version : LHR to Abz flight BA 1308 15 Dec

g0lfer
15th Dec 2012, 13:20
Just noticed this flight has turned back over Ncl and is returning to LHR. Anyone know why?

champair79
16th Dec 2012, 11:51
Aircraft was struck by lightning multiple times and it was thought better to return to base where appropriate checks could be carried out rather than the aircraft being stuck in ABZ on arrival.

Champ

walterthesofty
16th Dec 2012, 12:02
Thanks for that champ, Was wondering the very same thing myself, lets hope he makes it back in one piece.

Do you think as a precaution any convents/ orphanages/ schools under the flight path should be evacuated?

Skipness One Echo
16th Dec 2012, 12:48
Twice banned walterthesofty (prev banned as simonchowder and kevlarkarl)
only comes into this room to be nasty to people.

The BA Source | (http://www.thebasource.com/)
All your BA questions answered in here btw.

spottilludrop
16th Dec 2012, 14:17
Actually i can see where he is coming from, All to often things like this turn into a disaster fest on here.

If one is going to listen to R/T it might be best not to broadcast the fact to the world.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th Dec 2012, 15:44
...as it is illegal a) to listen to the R/T, and b) to publish any thing you hear.

BOAC
16th Dec 2012, 17:05
errr - before we all wet our pants, who actually said ANYTHING about "listening to R/T"?

champair79
16th Dec 2012, 17:28
Guys, I'm completely in awe at what has been written here :eek:.

I was trying to provide a factual answer to the OP but clearly this seems to have not been appreciated!

Nobody said anything about listening to RT either! FYI I work for BA so I am able to answer questions people may have (obviously without compromising the company's position). In this case, the aircraft suffered multiple lightning strikes. For of you who don't know, these are quite a regular occurence around the world and the return to LHR was completely normal and handled professionally. S*it happens. Take a chill pill guys!!!

Champ

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th Dec 2012, 18:28
Quote: "If one is going to listen to R/T it might be best not to broadcast the fact to the world."

DX Wombat
16th Dec 2012, 18:45
Skipness, don't try to start all that all over again because nobody is going to put your toys back in your pram for you. :* We are just going to sit back and watch you have a little tantrum, it could prove quite entertaining. :E

walterthesofty
16th Dec 2012, 19:43
I love skippys tantrums ..such great entertainment:E:E:E:E

One day i will have to get around to posting the abusive PM,s he sends me ,you have never seen anything like it :p:p:p:p:p