PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean....

lookoutbelow12
14th Dec 2012, 09:10
Hi guys can anyone tel me what it means when you get a No Further Action and re-apply again in 12 months on your file.:ugh:

Mach E Avelli
14th Dec 2012, 18:26
In relation to what? If it was an application with as much information as what you have supplied above then it is not surprising that someone is not wasting time on it. Come to think of it, why am I wasting my time on this?
Geez, Charles Darwin, where are you?

Hugh Jarse
14th Dec 2012, 20:10
NFA means that you were unsuccessful in one (or more) of the components in the recruitment processes - as opposed to passing and "not being competitive" among your peers.

The fact that you have been asked to re-apply in 12 months may mean the company you applied to feels you need more experience prior to being reconsidered for employment.

That's better than a straight NFA :E

The reason companies won't provide you with any more feedback that what you have is that in the past, candidates have challenged their critiques and litigated against the company. Sadly, that's a sign of the times:ugh:

I know that doesn't help you much from where you're sitting. It shouldn't be too difficult to work out where your weakness was. If you progressed to the end of the process, I'd suggest you either missed out on the interview or SIMEX (if the company you applied to did one).

Assuming you still want to work for that company, it gives you a couple of areas to work solidly on over the next 12 months.

Good luck :ok: