PDA

View Full Version : SinoJet Hong Kong

sattist
14th Dec 2012, 06:59
Does anyone have any intel on SinoJet in Hong Kong.

Noticed on another site that they are looking for Global Express Pilots. I did a search here and can't seem to find any information.

Any information would be appreciated, just looking for the usual, wages, conditions, roster, etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Flying Mechanic
14th Dec 2012, 13:50
The Global is doing FAA part 135 charter out of Hong Kong , so schedule is on demand. Salary is 160 k ( Hk $) per month and 42 days annual leave. They use TWC part 135 cert.Hope that helps you.

AliTee
16th Dec 2012, 08:47
This is a repeat post as the original thread was removed.

A colleague of mine from a former gig contracted at Sinojet this year and keeps in touch with someone there. When I asked what he thought, his response to me was, "Look elsewhere." The pay is comparable to other operators in HK but the benefits are less and now they have started the take-away game. They stopped paying for transportation to and from the airport just recently he said.
They aren't growing either. Only 7 aircraft under management with one leaving next month.
But the biggest reason he gave for avoiding Sinojet is that the C.O.O., who is an American pilot himself, has bizarrely threatened to fire each pilot in turn (including the Chief Pilot), but only to other pilots, never directly and never with cause. Very strange behavior. Morale is low as you can expect. Several mechanics and a flight attendant have quit recently. It's anybody's guess when the pilot exodus will begin.

AliTee
16th Dec 2012, 08:51
I'm not sure what your source of information is or if mine is any better, but according to mine, there are two Globals under mgmt. Only one is 135. And unless you are talking about a management level pilot, the pay isn't that high and they only get 28 vacation days a year.

gottofly
10th Sep 2015, 09:11
Can anybody please advise current salary for BBJ captain,terms and conditions.
Thanks in advance for info.Good day!

moondriver
28th Nov 2015, 07:26
Pay 20k USD per month and 3,500 mo housing allowance. You fly A LOT. also the BBJhas no crew rest area and the flight attendants have no seats other than their jumpseats. So a very poorly designed cabin for the crew and lots of 13 hour flights. That's why people come and go.

FrankR
30th Nov 2015, 06:02
Pay is standard for HK, and a LOT of long range aircraft suffer from having no crew rest area. >Bring a thick yoga mat and a blanket and pillow :-)

FR

moondriver
1st Dec 2015, 22:26
That's what the flight attendants do.

Flying Mechanic
18th Feb 2016, 13:36
I heard today they are looking for Embaer Legacy pilots based in Hong Kong.

dss3000
22nd Feb 2016, 10:01
My advise is to look elsewhere, totally disorganized operator. Most Office co-ordinators “ Managers” have no clue how a corporate operations runs.

Run the other way!