PDA

View Full Version : JPA Remote Access

E-Spy
13th Dec 2012, 19:50
****Boring Thread Alert****
Anyone out there got a good weblink to a JPA remote access site? MOD have changed all their sites, and now my bookmark doesn't work, and there is no intuitive link from any of the new pages.
Thanks in advance
Spy

GalleyTeapot
13th Dec 2012, 19:55
ZZZZzzzzzz.........

Stuff
13th Dec 2012, 21:09
Try https://iass.d2btrade.com/

For some reason linking the https://authenticate.gateway.gov.uk address directly from here doesn't work :(

Skymong
14th Dec 2012, 02:49
I could never access the damn thing on base, let alone remote access.

I hope this is helpful......

muttywhitedog
14th Dec 2012, 06:12
How do you apply for one of these card readers?

Stuff
14th Dec 2012, 07:50
If you want one you need to go and see your HR staff and ask. A few things to bear in mind:

They are intended for people who work in remote locations and have no access to DII (embassies, people working in industry etc etc) You will not get one just because it's convienient or because you only have access to DII once a week.

You don't want one anyway! It doesn't do what you think it's going to do. Irrespective of how many actors you have in JPA the only things you can access are the self-service functions for leave, personal details and expenses. You cannot read, write, update or submit OJARs/SJARs or anything else that uses the Oracle apps using it.

If you have the option, go and see your C4I people and ask them for a DII laptop. At least with that you get the full JPA experience as if you are sat at your desk and you can send and receive emails.

E-Spy
14th Dec 2012, 10:31
@ Stuff
Thanks, exactly what I need. Pprune proves its usefulness!

Is Galley Teapot still asleep?

As Stuff said, it is only useful for the bare essentials. I'm handing it back as soon as I get to my next post.

Blue Bottle
14th Dec 2012, 11:24
Thank you for that link, could not get anywhere close to finding it on the new site...

betty swallox
15th Dec 2012, 18:56
Stuff has put it PERFECTLY...
Do read his/her post; that's the truth!!!

muttywhitedog
16th Dec 2012, 15:44
Thanks Stuff, but I am HR and have never heard of this version. However if its only for basic stuff, then its not for me - I was more thinking of another way of keeping up with my ever-increasing workload which doesnt involve me sitting at work for 12+ hours a day.

DII laptop isnt an option - already tried that and "no spares".

Backlog it is then!

DITYIWAHP
16th Dec 2012, 19:58
Thank you for the link! I have just spent 20 minutes enjoying an unexpected lack of access to useful information from the new 'corporatized' website. The old one wasn't fantastic, but at least it had some useful gouge and wasn't full of self-serving image-enhancing nonsense. I think this is a frustrating apparent failure of the MOD to achieve the last part of its nicely worded new mission statement.

Melchett01
17th Dec 2012, 11:21
Slight thread drift, but is it just me or does the new website look really really amateurish, effecively just a vertical list of links and photos? Or is it likely to be an IGS issue and the fact that we are running IE6. Still. In the second decade of the 21st century.

SOSL
17th Dec 2012, 13:08
We used to moan about general office but we just didn't realise how good they were!

Rgds SOS

Stuff
17th Dec 2012, 17:34
Melchett01 - DII was scheduled to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 in Dec 12 but at the 11th hour the decision was taken to delay the rollout.

I doubt the design is like that to cope for IGS, Gov.uk is supposed to be public-facing so they wouldn't have to cater for it.