PDA

View Full Version : MONARCH 9183

compton3bravo
12th Dec 2012, 18:23
I see that a Monarch Santa charter MON9183 is being allowed to land at Heathrow as scheduled this evening even though over 150 flights have been cancelled today. The aircraft - an Airbus A320 - is then positioning empty to Luton. I bet those hundreds of passengers at Heathrow and other UK airports who have had their travel plans disrupted will not be best pleased if they knew!

Not Long Now
12th Dec 2012, 18:35
I bet they couldn't care less that a scheduled flight has landed where it was supposed to. Unless they work for the Sun of course. I'm sure at some stage it must have been seconds from disaster...

MrHorgy
12th Dec 2012, 18:37
Why? There is no fog now, all the delays and cancellations were this morning?

...or are you just hoping to whip up a storm? Do you begrudge a bunch a needy kids going to see Santa over a few businessmen who couldn't be accommodated on this mornings WAW?

compton3bravo
12th Dec 2012, 18:48
If you would care to look at the Heathrow arrivals and departures board you would see that there are quite a number of cancellations this evening and actually in the morning even though the fog has apparently cleared! Just a joke about the DM you know what there readers are like!

BOAC
12th Dec 2012, 18:49
What is wrong in the head of folk like c3b? Does 'it' think '9183' is the only flight 'allowed' to land at LHR today? Has c3b checked the arrivals board or is that a bit advanced?

I can only see a MON9173 by the way.

Why is this not in spotters or the bin?

DaveReidUK
12th Dec 2012, 19:00
I see that a Monarch Santa charter MON9183 is being allowed to land at Heathrow as scheduled this evening even though over 150 flights have been cancelled today.

Total non-sequitur. Completely irrelevant.

compton3bravo
12th Dec 2012, 19:03
Now now BOAC steady on old boy - sorry should be 9173 - typo error. I was only suggesting that a Santa charter seems to have got precedence over the normal scheduled arrivals and that the poor souls stuck in Heathrow would be not best pleased - I know I would and you would probably also. So donīt get too upset love chill out and enjoy life like I am here in southern Spain away from that awful fog!

A4
12th Dec 2012, 19:24
C3B....I think you're a bit "confused". Why do you think the MON has precedence? Airline ops dept's make their own decisions on what to cancel....BA is renowned for canning its shorthaul program at LHR to protect its (more profitable) long haul program when things go pear shaped due to wx at LHR (it's called......business).

Do you seriously think that another airline thought we'd better cancel so and so flight to enable that MON Santa flight to get in tonight? :hmm: I really cannot understand your thinking.

A4

PS I am chilled.... It's -4C outside.

walterthesofty
12th Dec 2012, 19:25
Nice to see the usual high standard of uninformed pointless irrelevant tosh is being maintained on the forum compton:ugh: