PDA

View Full Version : Florida Based FTO's

Grafter
14th Apr 2002, 19:50
I am after information regarding Florida Based FTO's as i am planning on doing my PPL in the next couple of months. I have already started with my exams and some ground school so that all I have to do is fly when I get there (well, in theory anyway :D )

Before you all shoot me down in flames :( I have done searches on schools such as Britannia Flight Centre, Naples and OFT, but the information seems to be from last year.

There seems to be a lot of positive and negative vibes about most schools, but what I would like, if you don't mind is information from people who have been there recently, to give me their honest reasons for and against going!!!

What it probably boils down to, is that I am a tight a***, and I want the best I can get for the least amount of £ or $, whichever way you look at it.

Thanks in advance :cool:

notice
14th Apr 2002, 21:45
If you're talking about a JAA PPL, the last time I checked (end of March) there were only 3 schools (in the USA) approved by the CAA under their new requirements:
Ormond Beach Aviation
Orlando Flight Training
European Flyers
They advertise their packages in the mags.

onehunga
15th Apr 2002, 16:40
grafter I was out in Florida in late last year to complete my PPL and then build 100 hours on top. Email me and I will forward you a note that I drafted a few months back for someone that wanted to know more.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Apr 2002, 18:51
notice,

I have been seeing posts of approved schools in Florida and Naples Air Center, Inc. is not listed.

For the Record, Naples Air Center, Inc. is an approved FTO (Number UK/FTO-211). The approval covers Private Pilot Licence (Aeroplanes)

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.