PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Caledonian APT for ATPL(A) Theory?

this is my username
9th Dec 2012, 09:17
Hi

Has anyone done their ATPL(A) exams with Caledonian ATP at High Wycombe? They seem quite popular with the helicopter guys but I was wondering how well they work for the aeroplane exams.

I've looked at Bristol but their format (2 sets of exams with 2 x 2-week brush-up courses) doesn't really work for me. CATS looks OK from a scheduling point of view, but I get the impression that it is primarily online with books if you want them. I'm old fashioned and like the idea of a book-based course. Plus I've never done anything by the obvious route and I don't see why I should start now :rolleyes:

RJC
9th Dec 2012, 10:03
I'm sure PACO will be along in a while to give you all the details...

The Heli stuff is very good, and you should get paper books but there is also now the additional option of them in electronic format. No reason to believe the fixed wing should be any different. Phil did put up a sample of the course material for the Heli course, if you ask he will probably do the same for the fixed wing.

CAPT courses are run as 3 modules, which is easier on the brain IMHO. Following the normal procedure of distance learning (with great support when required), and a consolidation week ahead of the exam sitting to go over the material.

firstofficer1986
10th Dec 2012, 19:28
excellent option,very professional school among the best in UK,recommend it for everyone.
previous student...now 737 first officer

RedBullGaveMeWings
9th Aug 2017, 10:43
Not a CAPT student but bought the notes. They were supposed to become just a "studying aid" because all I was given was access to Bristol CBT (very good one of course), but they turned out to become my main source of study. Passed the exams in three sessions following the schedule laid down by CAPT and it was just perfect for me.