PDA

View Full Version : FAA courses.

jucylucy
8th Dec 2012, 23:30
Just wondering, how long is B787 the course for an A&P mechanic. I ask because in the USofeurope we have to do full courses which take months no matter what your experience. A&P courses are usually a lot shorter but achieve the same thing! ie read the manual!
Should EASA have a system where type courses should be shortened for experienced engineers. I would like to do another type but can't face 6 weeks in a class room going over similar systems again!
Two questions in one but interested in your what you think!

grounded27
9th Dec 2012, 05:50
Generally I have seen classes from the factory go as long as 11 weeks, most of ours get tuned down to about a month after inital acceptance with factory trainers qualifing company trainers. The 787 has more new tech than any large aircraft in operation I know of BUT it is still just another damnb aircraft. In the USA most companies will continue that one month of training with a follow up for system specific training for engines/apu, LLM/CAT, special systems and in this case probably structural.

I usually piss off my trainers because I want the hands on over their theological BS. Just another bird!

spannersatcx
9th Dec 2012, 08:08
I may be wrong, it is my understanding that the US generally do level 2 type training, wheras to get a type on an EASA licence it has to be ATA104 level 3.
I know in the past, before part 66 etc, some training that was done for DL L1011 could not be transferred to BCAR and was not accepted by anyone except those that used the A&P system.