PDA

View Full Version : looking For Mike Jamieson

b15oxo
7th Dec 2012, 15:51
Anyone know what happened to Mike Jamieson? He flew Canberras, in Oman he flew Skyvans, QFI at Linton on Ouse late 70's early 80's (including Fighter Pilot - BBC TV for which he was unfairly pilloried.) An old colleague of his is quite seriously ill and would like to contact him.

TT2
8th Dec 2012, 10:18
I'm related in a strange kinda' way - his dad was a son of my Grandfather from his first marriage. Last I heard he was Squeezy Jet but I suppose is long retired. How about mailing Squeezy Jet PR and see if they have contact info?.

airborne_artist
8th Dec 2012, 10:30
Google confirms that he appeared in at least one episode of Airline (http://www.tvguide.co.uk/episodeguide.asp?title=Airline&) (with Tony Underwood).

Dct_Mopas
8th Dec 2012, 10:35
He's no longer at easyjet and hasn't been for a while so doubt easyjet would have any details. However as far as I know then he's still good friends with a number of Captains. Hopefully one will notice this thread. He's certainly still living in the north west and has been seen flying as a passenger with easyjet very recently

NutherA2
8th Dec 2012, 12:20
I was Mike's QFI at Valley & would very much like to say "Hello" if anyone does track him down.

Dct_Mopas
8th Dec 2012, 14:24
Just to add that perhaps you also try posting in the "Where are they now" thread. Might get the attention of more civilian pprune members

Localiser
8th Dec 2012, 19:20
He's left easyJet now and lives in Lisbon as far as I am aware.

If you do FaceBook he has an account on it so you can contact him directly there. I shall PM you his page.

I hope this proves fruitful.

Brian 48nav
9th Dec 2012, 08:46
Echoing NutherA2; Mike was on my South Cerney course, remember him as a really great guy.
I believe he was a FI at Kidlington in the mid80s.

I'd like to say hello to him too!

stationcalling
10th Dec 2012, 19:48
He's retired from flying and living somewhere on the Wirral. Last known email is [email protected]. Hope this helps.

puma230
11th Dec 2012, 11:38
I've passed this on to someone who is in contact with him so fingers crossed its sorted.