PDA

View Full Version : PA-31

outnabout
6th Dec 2012, 23:10
I'm looking for a throttle quadrant lock for a PA-31 Navajo. Have been told that a company called Avtec sell / sold them, but haven't been able to locate any contact details for Avtec.

Any assistance would be appreciated / thanks in advance.

PS: Thanks to all those who gave advice on maintenance organisations at Bankstown. The boss went with Winrye Aviation, who did the job on time, and under the price quoted. :ok:

Bankstown parking fees, though, for visiting aircraft :eek: !!!!

Lucerne
6th Dec 2012, 23:49
Are you aware of the parking dispensations for aircraft undergoing maintenance at Bankstown?

Tasfast
7th Dec 2012, 02:14
Tasfast at Moorabbin would have a 2nd hand lock for a Navajo

Clearedtoreenter
9th Dec 2012, 05:38
Are you aware of the parking dispensations for aircraft undergoing maintenance at Bankstown?

Doesn't help that much. $8.58 per tonne per day to sit outside someone's hangar. Soon mounts up for a PA31. About $28/day?
Double that if it flys, double that again when you add ASA tower fees... No wonder the grass at BK looks so green, with a bit of rain and very few aircraft taxiing over it. You could have a picnic its so quiet. Even just to do a touch and go in something like a 182 it's about $40 in total. It will be brick vaneer boxes nose to tail before you know it.:mad:

Lucerne
10th Dec 2012, 02:05
If you organise the maintenance dispensation for maintenance the parking fees should be waived. Your maintenance organisation should help you organise that, otherwise go up to the Banks town office and fill out the form.

Clearedtoreenter
10th Dec 2012, 06:57
In my experience, the fee is not waived unless you are fortunate enough to be on property which is part of the lease of the tenant carrying out your maintenance. I got a bill after taking an aircraft to one hapless BK maintenance provider, who made lots of promises but left the aircraft just outside his hangar for two weeks whilst he got on with more important customers.... (which is not remotely unusual for some of those guys there) I gave up and went somewhere else when the parking got to $300 and he showed no signs of moving it into the hangar. $300 donation to BAL was gratefully accepted. Well, maybe not even gratefully actually.:yuk:

Lucerne
10th Dec 2012, 11:01
We might have been lucky. We were parked on the GA grass area for two weeks and had the fees waived. It was substantially heavier than a PA31 as well. I'd have a stern conversation with your maintenance provider, or even better, don't go near them again!

outnabout
11th Dec 2012, 03:53
Re: Bankstown parking fees.

The fee was $41.86 per day, while the aircraft was parked. No charges for the days it was actively worked on / inside the maintenance hangar.

The aircraft left BK at 6.30am on the day of departure, yet BAL still charged a Daily Parking Fee. :hmm:

Now, about a throttle quadrant lock for a Navajo......any suggestions?

(Thread drift?? What thread drift??)