PDA

View Full Version : PPL hire at Liverpool/Blackpool

Odai
6th Dec 2012, 20:51
Hello,

I am soon to take my PPL skills test and am looking forward to my options for PPL hire, and possibly CPL hour building.

I did start another thread recently about this but as the thread has gone off-topic I thought I'd start this one.

Basically, I've narrowed down my choices to fly from either Blackpool or Liverpool (or both).

My question is, what groups/clubs/schools/FTOs etc are available at these fields for PPL hire? I cannot find an exhaustive list anywhere.

So far at Liverpool I've found:

- Merseyflight training
- Lomac Aviators
- Ravenair
- Liverpool Flying School
- Azure Flying Club

At Blackpool:

- Aircraft Grouping/Flight Academy Blackpool
- Fly Blackpool
- Westair
- Blackpool Air Centre
- A.N.T. Blackpool

If anyone knows any I've not mentioned I'd greatly appreciate it if they'd let me know.

Thanks!

Odai.

A and C
6th Dec 2012, 21:51
Ravenair & Westair have long reputations for being solid companies.

Aircraft grouping/Flight academy Blackpool had been associated with a guy who is awaiting sentence at Preston Crown court ( likely to be custodial ) so I would do a few checks before parting with money.

The others I have not enough data to comment on.

tomtytom
6th Dec 2012, 23:58
I have flown a lot at westair and they have a really nice atmosphere. Theres always plenty of good banter at weekends and a ever growing social side. They have a rather nice 172 to rent. Pm me if you want more info

b2vulcan
7th Dec 2012, 17:29
I am currently training for my PPL at Lomac and find them a friendly bunch, competitive prices.
Before I joined them I was told, by an independant person, that they are financially sound.

As you know of them I assume you have access to their website and can therefore see if they offer what you need.

Odai
7th Dec 2012, 19:22
Thanks for the responses guys.

I have visited most of the places I mentioned and I'd have to say I'd agree with your comments.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other places I may have missed out, at those fields? Or are these the only operators at Blackpool/Liverpool?

twhite1
25th Mar 2013, 18:15
Definatly Westair!

If you can invest in the extra road miles depending on where your from, then well worth it! Great flexibility, competitive prices and above all great atmosphere which having found out through previous 'so called schools' is the most important aspect to start your flying day!

You will tell straight away from your first visit if they are genuinely interested in providing you with a friendly customer service or if they come across with arrogant and flipant attitudes that will just see you as a paying human. I wont even say 'customer' as some places really dont know the meaning of the word so from my experiences which are not bias or subjective in any from, I have experienced a variety of ppl places with time, Go and give John and Phil a visit at Westair and be a valued and respected paying customer and receive constructive criticism, not personal criticism!