PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging Job News?

Broken Wings
14th Apr 2002, 15:17
In todays Financial Mail supplement Brittania were adverstising for Cabin Crew. In this time of gloom this surely is encouraging but are there any parallels with Pilot jobs?:confused:

expedite_climb
14th Apr 2002, 16:13
jmc are also looking for ccrew at LGW. Not that they'll get many if they keep treating them the way they do.

A and C
14th Apr 2002, 16:25
It would be my opinion that these cabin crew jobs are just for the summer and will be on a short term contract and this will not reflect directly in flight deck recrutment .
But as I have seen over the years the next shortage of flight crew is just around the corner and I would guess that at the end of this summer the self made pilot shortage will start to bite.

Max Levell
14th Apr 2002, 16:38
My sister just applied to Brittania for a Stuardess position...

She was accepted for their Luton Ops, but then declined the offer in favour of another position offered with BMI out of Heathrow.

And just a few months ago she was made redundant by JMC (working on BA aircraft out of LGW).

At the time she was made redundant, it looked as though the prospect of securing another cart tart job would be near impossible for at least a year!

Things must be picking up......Slowly!

scroggs
14th Apr 2002, 19:15
1. There is no necessary readthrough to pilots' jobs from an advert for cabin crew.

2. If you wish to discuss cabin crew issues, do it in the appropriate forum.

Broken Wings
16th Apr 2002, 20:38
Scroogs

Hope I don't detect a bit of annoyanace with your second comment as I'm an unemployed pilot (ex-RAF - medically grounded) with nearly 5000 hours and was looking for some encouragement that things might be getting better.

A and C

Thanks for your positive post - lets hope your'e right

Mister Geezer
16th Apr 2002, 21:03
The market is getting better. The regionals in the UK seem to be picking up. One in particular expecting to recruit again by the end of the year (and it is possible that quite a few seats will have to be filled!)

Keep that chin up Broken Wings!

MG:)

Eff Oh
16th Apr 2002, 21:39
Scroggs:- I don't think that was a very nice way to put it!!! Just because a question has been answered by relating to another topic, you see fit to "put everyone in their place"??? Get a grip!! :o :o