PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training

skydriver123
3rd Dec 2012, 17:57
Hi everyone.

I have been trying to book myself on to an information evening at AFT for the past 2 weeks but no one is answering the phone when i call the number that is advertised on the website.

I have also called AFT on the main number but they couldnt give me any info on the information evenings as the people that i needed to speak to were not there and suggested i emailed them instead.

I have still not had a reply by email either... is anyone else having any similar problems.

I wanted to go to the Manchester event first and i know the Birmingham one is tomorrow so i am trying to get to that one instead.

Has anyone got any info on AFT or know of anyone who has trained there? Im not being filled with confidence and haven even met them yet!!!

Thanks.

paulslats
5th Dec 2012, 18:40
Is that Atlantic Flight Training in the UK or in Cork, Ireland?

RichardH
5th Dec 2012, 19:46
It's Atlantic Flight Training based at Coventry & Aqaba (Jordan) running the seminars I believe.

Personally I shouldn't go near any organisation that can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer over the past 2 weeks.

portos8
6th Dec 2012, 11:37
If they do not answer the phone or your mail when you want to give them money, imagine what happens when they owe you money ;)

So if your a student there, and you want to reschedule, ask the instructors a question or get a account overview, how long will it take to get your stuff done then?

Maybe there is a "secret number" to keep new clients out but to me this sounds like a organisation that can do with some interim management:p

CovAir
19th Dec 2012, 13:29
Steer well clear! They are in melt down with poor management and idiotic strategies

mesh
19th Dec 2012, 15:46
I went down there the other week to discuss certain things and they seemed to be very professional. They had better facilities than I ever did and having spoken to some of the students they seemed to be offering a good product. Cov, can you elaborate on your comments be good to hear another viewpoint on them.

Cheers

CovAir
19th Dec 2012, 16:04
The hardware looms impressive (Sims, Aircraft), the 'remaining' instructors are capable, however:

Shedding many of their best staff; No ground school (stopped last year); Turning away any enquiry re modular (CPL, IR, MCC); Re-locating to Spain (Salamanca); Downsizing in general;

Rumour network so is a rumour: yet to see any kind of profits for the last 5 years!

All stuff one can hear find out in the local pub

B2N2
19th Dec 2012, 18:10
Im not being filled with confidence

Walk away, if it is this hard to even get them to talk to you...walk away.
Hundreds of schools out there eager for your business.

maxdrypower
20th Dec 2012, 10:36
Phone LM at PAT Bournemouth I gaurantee she will talk to you

valkyrie42
1st Apr 2013, 14:22
My prediction for AFT much sooner rather than later!!! My advice steer well clear.... Would I have put my company in the hands of those who now run it - I think not - people parading around in public in uniforms they might as well have hired from the local fancy dress shop....It used to be a good organisation, sadly I don't believe that is the case any longer. :{

Fender-wings
2nd Apr 2013, 19:00
Hi skydriver123 and others

I went over to aft in Coventry a few weeks ago to have a look around.

I went with a complete open mind but stayed cautious because of a previous school who promised the world and were going bust (PTC)

But to be totally honest they had great facilities the simulator was very good, the training aircraft were very modern, the people and the students were all very friendly and helpful and the school in general seemed very professional and had a good vibe.

They did explain they in the process of starting a ground school there.

I had decided to do my ppl and the rest step by step myself but they persuaded me to come to the selection day.

What im wondering is if anyone knows anything about this school and what situation they are in financially? And any graduates have any advice? Thanks guys

valkyrie42
24th Apr 2013, 09:49
My advice - do not go there - it is not a stable environment - the staff change more than my underwear!!! I would trust an adder with toothache more than I would trust the ethics of those running it........It has not been profitable for a very long time, from what I have heard this week you stand a very good chance of being royally ripped off. I have no axe to grind with them personally, but I know how difficult and expensive all this can be....... so take my advice or dont - but are you prepared to take that kind of risk?

valkyrie42
24th Apr 2013, 17:25
Fender Wings - you might like to read this thread before making a decision

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/486849-pilot-training-college-florida-ops-closure-12.html

easydebt
28th Apr 2013, 11:47
"I have no axe to grind with them personally"

:rolleyes::yuk: