PDA

View Full Version : Global Express sim

Flyingstig
3rd Dec 2012, 10:33
Anybody got any suggestions for competitively priced sims and examiners for GLEX L/OPC.
Europe / Mid East preferably.

I'm sitting down, and braced!

CaptainProp
3rd Dec 2012, 10:36
Check PM.

CP

La Coneja
4th Dec 2012, 14:16
Same question!!

Any info would be fantastic!

galaxy flyer
4th Dec 2012, 15:33
There are three GLEX sim providers--CAE, Bombardier and Flight Safety. That's it, not much competition, unless you cut a deal as a standby waiting on a cancellation. Please do NOT buy a rating without experience.

GF

Flyingstig
4th Dec 2012, 15:39
Thanks GF!
How do they compare price wise?
Cheers
Stig

galaxy flyer
4th Dec 2012, 16:21
I don't know, my company paid the bill and they didn't tell me. But, that said, don't expect much back from a 60,000 USD bank check.

GF

ediks
4th Dec 2012, 16:36
I'd suggest you should revise that figure upwards by ten grand if you're getting a Global 6000 type rating

Flyingstig
5th Dec 2012, 13:30
Re my original, it's not for an initial but for renewal.:cool:

Narrow Runway
5th Dec 2012, 14:15
FlyingStig,

Recurrent or initial, it won't matter.

You will pay a fortune. CAE have the sim in Burgess Hill, no competition in Europe. Expect to pay through the nose - and then some.

Doodlebug
5th Dec 2012, 18:01
Let's hope they get on with it in Amsterdam.

Propellerpilot
5th Dec 2012, 18:20
From what I heard, there is only a sole GLEX Training provider: CAE. Even Bombardier's Training Center in Montreal is CAE now. So they have a global price and course monopoly. In my eyes it is not a good sign, when the manufacturer outsources their own training. More competition would be much better for the clients and Bombardier should have kept it's training in house as a reference institute and conformity.

@ galaxy flyer: In case I am misinformed: Where does Flight Safety offer GLEX ?
My company is looking for a CAE alternative - but it seems to be a dead-end street.

noneya
5th Dec 2012, 18:33
45K USD At CAE Dallas... I sent a guy there this year for initial.

Lot of money to learn to fly a snow machine!!!!

J

flydive1
5th Dec 2012, 22:10
@ galaxy flyer: In case I am misinformed: Where does Flight Safety offer GLEX ?
My company is looking for a CAE alternative - but it seems to be a dead-end street.

Wilmington

SayHeading
6th Dec 2012, 07:07
There are two Glex5000/6000 simulators. One in Montreal run by CAE / Bombardier training center and the other one with FSI in Columbus, OH: They charge $ 70000/90000 for an initial and $ 22000/40000 for a recurrent.

ediks
7th Dec 2012, 09:21
The Global 6000 sim at Bombardier Aviation Training in Montreal is fully booked till May so FSI in Columbus Ohio is the only available option if you need to schedule training courses before then on the Global 5000/6000
FSI have different packages for either one off training events or a full package for which total costs are higher but offer additional recurrent training to proficiency as well as lots of other benefits.
The programme managers for at both Bombardier and FSI are lovely people so feel free to get in touch to discuss your options.