PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Heads

goin'flyin
3rd Dec 2012, 00:49
Does anyone have contact details for landing approvals for operations at Barwon Heads?

I've tried the phone number listed in ERSA and it rings out, also tried the email address and that just bounced straight back to me.

I need to get in there on Wednesday to drop off some passengers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Goin'

poonpossum
3rd Dec 2012, 01:44
Try ringing warbird adventure flights and ask them what the go is

djpil
3rd Dec 2012, 04:12
Or try the new flying school there - (deleted link to aviation website)

goin'flyin
3rd Dec 2012, 05:49
Thanks all, :ok:

I managed to get the number for the appropriate person via the warbirds people.

Cheers
Goin'

r sole
3rd Dec 2012, 08:46
not much sign of life there not even a sign:O

VH-XXX
3rd Dec 2012, 09:25
Here we go, as predicted, out come the peanut gallery. The fat lady will be next.

At least the poster got his answer before the anti-Barwon aheads peanut gallery arrived.

the fat lady
12th Dec 2012, 08:38
Hello VH-XXX

Wouldn’t like to let you down.

I see the Geelong helicopter operator was in the GeelongMagistrates court today and had to sign an undertaking not to approach within 5metres of the 87 year old RAA instructor or commit assault, harassment,property damage/interference and serious threats.:D

Looks like there’s been some bullying going on.:=

I eagerly await your view on the happenings.

tfl

VH-XXX
12th Dec 2012, 11:01
Nothing to do with me if someone wants to beat up Aube or whoever else. I just love it that whenever Barwon Heads is mentioned, both rsole and the Fat Lady come out to play.

r sole
14th Dec 2012, 06:14
no xxx no time for play just stating there is no longer any signs out front and therefore no sign of business:ooh:

VH-XXX
14th Dec 2012, 07:32
Some of the most successful businesses don't even need to advertise :-)

7DOD
14th Dec 2012, 08:16
VH-XXX

The fat lady and r sole may be right.

Things don’t look too good down there from what I’ve seen and heard not only a 40yr old jerk bullying an 87ry old CFI but it seems some of the owners were prepared to not only tolerate the issue but approve it, my opinion only I may be mistaken.

7DOD

VH-XXX
14th Dec 2012, 09:50
7DOD, you had better post as the same username, I'm getting confused when you post as the fat lady and then as 7DOD.

Xray Tango
19th Dec 2012, 11:29
Hi, been into Barwon Heads plenty of times lately. Great place and the "old" instructor is always friendly and bends over backwards to help out. They have had plenty of issues over the years, slowly getting rid of the **** and restoring harmony. Always welcome for a Sunday BBQ lunch & drink for a fiver. Great value and what better excuse for a sortie ! Call in some time, great people.

7DOD
21st Dec 2012, 22:48
Well the latest is "the old instructor that is always friendly and bends over backwards to help out” has been SACKED and BANNED from the airfield.

The northern end of runway and taxiway are unusable and the place is like a ghost town.

VH-XXX
21st Dec 2012, 23:52
Why is this so important to you? People come and go all the time and most small airfields are like a ghost town at the moment getting this close to Christmas.

r sole
22nd Dec 2012, 06:29
ghost town? havent u seen all the earthworks going on swamp end of east west:O