PDA

View Full Version : NZ equivalent of an ASIC

griffithvoice
1st Dec 2012, 06:49
Hey guys,

Just wondering if New Zealand has an equivalent to an ASIC. From what I can read the CAA does a FPP check but I cant seem to see any forms for a security check etc. So does NZ not have a formal card like aus..and do the commercial guys just use their flight crew and company ID to access their planes etc.

Anyway, just arrived over here from oz and finding things a bit different....actually better.

Cheers

seneca208
1st Dec 2012, 07:24
Your licence satisfies any security requirements for being in a secure area for the purpose of flight. The cards do exist and they are available, however they only ever seem to be used by airline staff and larger 135 operators at Welly/Auckland/Christchurch

griffithvoice
1st Dec 2012, 07:27
Cheers for that mate!

Actually loving the change being over the ditch. nice change of pace Auckland is :)

seneca208
1st Dec 2012, 07:37
Would love to be back flying in NZ, maybe one day! Enjoy it.

minimum_wage
1st Dec 2012, 09:00
Ben,

The airport identity cards used in NZ are required at all airports that passenger services operate, not just WN,AA,CH. You can't get airside without them.

seneca208
1st Dec 2012, 09:05
Thats weird, I've been airside plenty of times without one.

I'm sure there is something in particular the dictates the use of one. Maybe somebody else can elaborate.

EDIT: I stand to be corrected, from the AOPA NZ website.

"Official ID is now required at major airports and having an aircraft parked outside and/or a Pilots License no longer guarantees access."

Sounds like times have changed. Best to get in touch with AVSEC then!

griffithvoice
1st Dec 2012, 09:11
Thanks guys...i've been doing a bit of digging and the above poster is right....although it doesnt seem to be anywhere near as crazy where every bloody field that had RPT in oz required you to have and hold an ASIC. Seems a bit more sane here.

That bloody ASIC card never ever did me any good...no free beers and it didnt really impress the women.