PDA

View Full Version : EASA RNP-APCH course

Son of a Beech
30th Nov 2012, 22:19
Does anybody know of a RNP-APCH course for qualify for an EASA LNAV approval. Preferably a web based course.

Miles Magister
2nd Dec 2012, 08:01
SoaB

There is a training manual herePPL/IR Europe - Using the Rating (http://www.pplir.org/index.php/using-the-rating) It is a little out of date and requires a bit of updating but it is a very well written document and is a good start. Worth viewing.

Regards

MM

LearjetGA
4th Dec 2012, 20:10
We use Scandlearn. Takes one hour to complete the training and if you pass the test, you get a nice certificate. Course is quite good.

try at www.scandlearn.com

Denti
4th Dec 2012, 21:37
Theres a need for a course? We just fly the stuff.

Son of a Beech
5th Dec 2012, 07:18
@ miles, Thanks for the reply, but i couldn't find a course there

@ LearjetGA, we also use scandal earn but they have an RNAV course and not a RNAV approach course. I've been in contact with them and they will update the course according to AMC 20-26 but don't know when yet.

@ Denti, in AMC 20-26 there isn't a requirement for a course but for training, but if I look at the requirements they are to much for me to write our own trainging syllabus. Which CAA are you dealing with because I guess it's as nowmal 27 different caa's 27 different interpretation of the law. Hallelujah for EASA.

Miles Magister
6th Dec 2012, 20:37
SoB

To get approval to fly RNAV in EASA land you must be certified by your authority of a/c registration. I do not have the UK CAA form on me at the moment but I can find it easily if needed. Part of the approval for RNAV from BRNAV through to RNPAPP is that you submit a copy of your training programme. Use the document I placed a link to and write yourself a seriously difficult quiz based on the key points you read in the document, submit it with your RNAV aopplication and this becomes your approved course. PM me if you wish to discuss over the telephone.

Regards

MM