PDA

View Full Version : The post about A340 job offer Air Namibia removed! Why?

truckflyer
29th Nov 2012, 20:21
Just curious why this post was removed, as it shows some of the real core rotten issues within this industry at the moment.

Why did PPRUNE Admin remove this?

zondaracer
29th Nov 2012, 21:15
There was also a thread in the wannabe's section about how to repay a loan for training that disappeared too, and it seemed like a pretty good reality check for anybody thinking of diving into pilot training.

taxistaxing
29th Nov 2012, 21:30
Seconded about the loan repayment thread! What a pity.

clunk1001
29th Nov 2012, 21:33
Mods clearly have their own agenda. Editing forums to suit.

Been reading pprune for about 10 years. Done now.

Bye all...

truckflyer
30th Nov 2012, 11:34
What use is such a forum, if they are going to micro manage serious posts about the profession!

By the way, the FTO having the advert was from Germany / Berlin! Nice!

Wirbelsturm
30th Nov 2012, 11:48
I wonder if this is how the press would be if Nick 'bl**dy useless' Clegg got his way with the Leveson Enquiry.

Just a thought!

:E

bucket_and_spade
30th Nov 2012, 13:35
I spent a good 20 minutes posting on the loan repayment thread and now it's gone :*

I don't have regrets about my decision to get in to the industry and I earn good money. I made that clear. I just pointed out that I hadn't fully appreciated the impact the unsecured loan would have on doing grown-up stuff that comes with settling in to a professional career i.e. buying a house, having kids, driving a new car etc.

Think mine was the last post before it disappeared!

Wirbelsturm
30th Nov 2012, 14:49
B&S,

I would rather hope that the thread contained enough truths that the company posting the advert got upset.

It's about time someone stopped fleecing the wannabees.

exeng
30th Nov 2012, 16:01
Maybe the thread originator deleted it.

truckflyer
30th Nov 2012, 16:37
I was the thread originator, and I did not delete it!

Airmann
30th Nov 2012, 17:04
Ahem....take a look around the top and the right edges of your screen, what do you see?

truckflyer
30th Nov 2012, 17:46
So the adverts dictates the contents of this forum!

And if you discover and talk about the ugly truth, somebody will get upset, and remove it!

I wonder what that country in the East that used to do that was called? I mean their ideology! Kind of the opposite of what they wish to create here, adverts for a capitalistic world, dictated by communistic laws, could you live in a more ideal world??? :ugh: :}

So that Air Nam:mad:ibia, wants pilots with 2000 hours TT, 1000 hours A320, to pay their own conversion course in Germany Berlin FTO, pay their own accommodation in FRA - give Air Nam:mad:ibia a bond of 30.000 Euros, (actually a certified bank guarantee) that you will stay with them for 500 hours, working for FREE - I mean you could not have made it up!

This post is than seen as offensive my PPRUNE mods, and removes it, in interest of who?

The German FTO in Berlin or Air Namibia?

Or public fellow aviators who wish to talk about current issues in the business and problems!

I am amazed! Of course, the forum belongs to iBrands, they do what they want, and they will shut up who they want, I know!

I have only been in aviation for few years, but in this time, I have seen so much corruption and dirty business, and done by fellow pilots, who are screwing their own and their own profession! But of course, who cares, as long as they can afford a Ferrari, who will care when the European Colgan accident happens!However this story for another day, and probably a more reliable forum than PPRUNE!

Stocious
1st Dec 2012, 06:55
Is the missing loan repayments one this one?

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/501722-repayments-how-do-you-do.html

If so it's only been moved to a different forum...

zondaracer
1st Dec 2012, 07:33
Yes that's the one, but it wasn't there, or anywhere, yesterday. In fact, I searched my own posting history and it wasn't there.

Luke SkyToddler
1st Dec 2012, 11:54
On a related subject, Air Namibia pilots are on strike over pay & conditions as of yesterday ... http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/501391-namibia-pilot-strike-grounds-air-nam.html

I imagine that anyone who was stupid / selfish / rich enough to take up the generous Air Namibia offer of paying them to sit in the RHS for 500 hours, would also find themselves with a big "strikebreaker" target on their back once they arrived. The Air Namibia union is a member of IALPA, and being a work-for-free strikebreaker is really not a position you want to be in at the start of your aviation career, ask any Australians of a certain age :hmm: