PDA

View Full Version : LAPL(H)

muffin
29th Nov 2012, 11:15
Has anybody here applied for and actually received an LAPL(H) yet?

BillieBob
29th Nov 2012, 11:20
I don't think anyone is approved to provide training for it yet. Current registered facilities cannot train for the LAPL until they become ATOs and given the financial implications, they will, if they have any sense, delay that as long as possible (April 2015).

Helinut
29th Nov 2012, 16:17
Would any instructor and/or flying school be prepared to be responsible for letting someone loose with the minimum hours the LAPL(H) rules allow? I certainly would not.

There are very few PPL(H)s who manage to achieve a pass standard and complete the syllabus in anything approaching the minimum hours for that licence. I see no way that a LAPL(H) will be able to achieve a satisfactory standard unless he does enough flying time to get a PPL(H).

Another poor decision by the EASA jobsworths IMO. Helicopters are NOT the same as FW.

md 600 driver
30th Nov 2012, 22:18
Muffin

Spoke to caa today and there is no one with a ATO someone has applied but it will be a couple of months away at least

rotorfossil
1st Dec 2012, 08:19
We applied for approval in July. Two students wanting to do LAPL/H. Nothing back from CAA yet - what a surprise!

md 600 driver
1st Dec 2012, 08:22
rotorfossil
you must be the one then or is there anyone else ?

dont think it would be advertising but where are you based

md 600 driver
5th Dec 2012, 11:14
in totor torque there is a news item saying the first lapl/h issued was to
richard m******N

misterbonkers
5th Dec 2012, 12:11
Yes - he has downgraded his PPL(H) - I.e. no training provider was required.

Hughes500
5th Dec 2012, 18:10
As is is a downgraded PPLH why in God's name do we have to apply to teach it ???:ugh:
Even worse just done all the forms for CAA licence to EASA licence, both rejected as they hadnt filled in the I can speak English form, only put down on their last 3 LPC,s they could speak it. :ugh:Mind you one does come from Somerset so perhaps they need a bable fish !!!!!

misterbonkers
5th Dec 2012, 20:30
Because it means more ££££!

So you'll have to put your training rates up. Which eventually will mean fewer students, fewer fees being paid, more expensive fees applied, even fewer fees paid...

The good news is that you can still fart for free - its the one humorous and self satisfying thing that no-one seems to have found a way to charge a fee for yet! :)

Hughes500
6th Dec 2012, 06:45
Mr B
Now thats not true, well it isnt in the 500 household, Mrs 500 does fine me,but I am afraid I cant tell you how as we are before the watershead:ouch: