PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Pilot Candidate from US

BluSideUp
28th Nov 2012, 18:17
Hey All,

I'm not a big ppruner and have never posted a thread so I hope this works.

I'm a US Pilot who's trying to get on with Emirates and I'm having a killer of a time with something. EK says you need to have your logbooks stamped and certified by either the regulatory authority or your former employer.

I've been flying overseas for a few years and my employer stamped and certified my logbook for all my time over there but wouldn't (of course) stamp my time flown back when I was in the US. My carrier I flew for back in the US is bust and no-more (no surprise). I spoke with the FAA and they won't stamp and certify logbooks. So, what gives? How's a US guy supposed to get his US Flight time certified???

I desperately want this job but don't want the good auld FAA messing this up

Any ideas?

helen-damnation
28th Nov 2012, 18:30
Presumably you have stamps from your CPL/ATP etc in your logbooks. If your latest employer has stamped it as well then I would guess you are ok. Can't swear to that but if your licence is valid and you are current with stamps to confirm recency then EK can only ask for so much. Not everyone can get everything stamped and you could explain as much if required.
Good luck with it.
H-D

Thought: If they will do it, get a letter from the FAA confirming how long you've had your licence and the type certificates issued on it.
Also get the names of anyone you previously flew with who are now in EK and could vouch for you.

BluSideUp
28th Nov 2012, 19:31
Thanks guys! I got my hopes up a bit talking to my local FSDO office and they even made an appointment to stamp my logbooks... then they called me back 30 minutes later. Must have been a junior guy because he was very willing to do it and then said his manager said they can't do that. :ugh:

Ah well, what do ya do?

He did give me good advice by going online and printing my Airman Certificate Verification off their website. Had a signed copy in my email in about 5-10 minutes listing all of my current licences and ratings.

I'll try the notary at my local bank. I really don't know what else to do. I've signed it, I've filled out 8710's with the same flight times on it, I'll have a notary sign it. Fingers crossed I'll have no problems.

Thanks again guys!

boarderdw
29th Nov 2012, 01:46
I've been through the process with EK. All you need to do is have a notary stamp the last page of your logbook. No worries.

casablanca
29th Nov 2012, 03:40
The FAA doesnt stamp your logbooks.
You can get a letter of no accidents/ incidents.
I also brought all of my medical records for 20+ years and every application for new rating or test( includes 8710 which has a record of flight times)
I also had tax records, last 3 years of all my company schedules, and letter from employer.
They didnt look at any of this.

BadAndy
29th Nov 2012, 12:11
If you're anywhere near South Florida, drop me a PM or an email. I'm in Miami and went and got a notary license specifically for this purpose. I can tell you how to do it (yes, legitimately) -- it involves getting the letter of no accidents/incidents from the FAA, your actual logbooks (page you want notarized needs to be signed in front of the notary, as they are notarizing your signature not the actual hours). Some places will accept that. If not, you can go one step further and have the notary's stamp apostiled (certified by the state that the notary is indeed a real, licensed notary). The last step (again, only if necessary) is to either send it off or take it to DC, and the US Dept of State will apostile the state's apostile. Voila, you have a copy of your hours, certified by the Federales.....

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't that hard. And, you may or may not require anything beyond the notary's stamp. For Saudi, I needed the state apostile, but not the Federal one. The Chinese (Shenzhen) required Federal Apostile. I have no idea about Emirates.

Anyways, if you're local to South Florida (MIA-FLL area), I'd be happy to notarize your stuff for you and give you the addresses for the rest of the process (Florida specific). (I don't charge, I just do it because I was sick of my friends getting charged $10 a stamp down here -- however, donations of a cup of coffee while stamping are accepted...) :8

Durban
29th Nov 2012, 13:12
Wow, this is what PPRuNe is meant to be about. Aviators helping aviators. My faith is restored.

goldthop
29th Nov 2012, 14:11
As I understand it, the requirement is a GCAA requirement and not EK's, so if you just get the notary stamp, EK isn't going to require you to do more than that as long as it is acceptable to the GCAA. Sound right?

Gulfstreamaviator
30th Nov 2012, 09:50
When I transfered my FAA to GCAA, the only think that interested them was the FAA print out, of actual licence status, plus the fast track fee.
My log book is a spreadsheet, no attempt to comply with any format.

I do know several parker logbooks that passed the GCAA lack of interest.

Good luck, its not all doom and gloom over here, except for next 4 days of weekend and parties, (locals only)......

glf

The Zohan
1st Dec 2012, 10:09
Ah well, what do ya do?

BSU, here it's Whattodoo?

better start working on your sub-continent english before you make your move :E

tz