PDA

View Full Version : Bristow G-TIGD

liam225
27th Nov 2012, 05:05
Hi I was just having a look on the Internet at the old Bristow Pumas and I found the pics of G-TIGD on its side in Aberdeen, is this the same airframe that Bristow had painted yellow and that was in the hangAr up in Aberdeen?

Fareastdriver
27th Nov 2012, 08:05
No; that was the ex-Cormorant Alfa crash. GTIGH.

industry insider
27th Nov 2012, 09:35
G-TIGD was the aircraft where the inclined drive shaft cover detached on final approach to Aberdeen causing tail rotor loss.

I remember GD well, I collected it after final acceptance from Marignane and flew it to Erith where the interiors were installed by Metair.

When it arrived in Aberdeen, GD went on contract to Amoco supporting the newly installed North West Hutton (gone now I believe)

BTC8183
27th Nov 2012, 10:33
TIGD finally expired in late 89 after the last remaining ´chunks´were removed by the scrappy, from behind the Redhill blister hangar.
IIRC, while as a bigger chunk, it had a final sortie when it was blown around the same airfield during the ´Big Storm´of 87.

liam225
27th Nov 2012, 12:45
Thanks for the info. I see gtige almost everyday and wonder how the hell it's managed to last so long. Shame some of the others haven't had the same sort of luck/life.