PDA

View Full Version : CAP 741 Logbook filling

rahalroxz
25th Nov 2012, 13:48
Hi

Can anybody please tell me how to write *properly* on the CAP 741 Log Book?
I have completed some maintenance tasks and obtained copies of those workcards. They have all information I need but I'm looking for a good format to write in.
Is it mandatory to have AMM Reference of the task ( in xx-xx-xx format) when writing the description? Because I have all work order numbers/ order ref numbers/ MSN etc. however the exact task reference of AMM in xx-xx-xx is really hard to find.

Should I write simple tasks like checking engine oil levels in the log book?

Thanks in advance

Fargoo
25th Nov 2012, 15:29
Is it mandatory to have AMM Reference of the task ( in xx-xx-xx format) when writing the description? Because I have all work order numbers/ order ref numbers/ MSN etc. however the exact task reference of AMM in xx-xx-xx is really hard to find.

I always put the AMM ref or equiv manual ref. if you've done the job it only takes a sec to note down the ref while you're at it.

The task card you used must have a Task reference, ie AMM ref, SB, MPD or suchlike.

Just note down the ref you used to look up when you actually did the job.

rahalroxz
25th Nov 2012, 16:28
Thanks for the reply
But sometimes we get only a taskcard specially for non routine maintenance ,where the amm ref's are not specified. They got the whole work order etc. So the reference is not mentioned.

BluFin
25th Nov 2012, 17:55
Record in the logbook by acft type, then ATA. That way you only need to supply the relevant sheets and not the whole log book for any applications later on