PDA

View Full Version : fixed wing to rotary IR conversion

chignole
24th Nov 2012, 10:00
Hi,
I'm a professional pilote (aeroplane and heli) in France and holder of tha ATPL/A & H IR
I'm looking for the IR(H) SP ME type rating. Due to the expensive price of that, I would like to proceed thru the IR(A). Does anyone in there have already done that ? If yes, could you give me some instructions about : FTO (I know bristow academy, starspeed which can provide this conversion. Anyone else ?), prices, way to success, delays, and so and so.

As french resident, I don't hold and UK licence. Is it a matter ? What is the way to convert my french CPL to a UK CPL ? What about the medical ? English level (my FCL1.200/1.028 IR has been passed in France)
In the same way, do you think that it is better to pass my IR(A) in UK or in France (I prefer in UK because my english is too poor and that would be the best opportunity to improve your language).
Some tell me about heli holland which perform the IR(H) on a Long Ranger. Do you have informations on this FTO ? What about other country (spain ? Finland ?)
Many thx
Chignole
Appologies for errors... :(

Jet Ranger
25th Nov 2012, 07:59
chignole,

check your PM.

JR