PDA

View Full Version : Historical Airfares?

kuzukuzu
22nd Nov 2012, 19:16
Howsit,

Does anyone know where I may find stats on historical airfares (till 15-20 years ago) for airlines ? In particular, I'm looking for those of trans-atlantic routes for given carriers or those for key intra-European routes.

I'm trying to compare the value difference pre and post EU-US open skies.

Thanks.

Tableview
23rd Nov 2012, 00:04
In the days when airfares were simple, many airlines published their fares in their printed timetables. As people collect these, I would think the information is out there somewhere.

Failing that, I would suggest that you need to get hold of old copies of either the Air Tariff or the APT. These were the publications that airlines and travel agencies used to calculate fares before it was all stored in the GDSs.

ATPCO in Washington may be able to help you.

Heathrow Harry
23rd Nov 2012, 15:08
old newspaper files - the Telegraph, Times and Guardian would be most likely to carry ads for flights.................

but you should also factor in the inclusive tour market

air travel - How to find historical airfares? - Travel Beta - Stack Exchange (http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/5046/how-to-find-historical-airfares)

pasir
23rd Nov 2012, 15:26
This may be too far back to be of any assistance however when
serving with KLM at Croydon the London Amsterdam London return fare was priced £14 - 8 shillings -during the years 1947- 49