PDA

View Full Version : Sasemar contract renewal goes to Avincisgroup

meanttobe
22nd Nov 2012, 17:41
On October 9, 2012 Sociedad de Salvamento y Seguridad Marítima (SASEMAR) awarded to the consortium formed by Inaer Helicópteros, S.A.U., Inaer Helicópteros Off-shore, S.A.U. and Transportes Aéreos del Sur, S.A.U. the contract for the provision of search and rescue (“SAR”) services in Spain. The consortium EADS Construcciones Aeronáuticas, S.A. and EADS PZL filed a challenge before the Administrative Tribunal for Public Procurement against the awarding of the contract referred to above. On October 31, October 2012, such Tribunal rejected the challenge and confirmed that the awarding made by SASEMAR complies with the law. As a result of that, the consortium formed by Inaer Helicópteros, S.A.U., Inaer Helicópteros Off-shore, S.A.U. and Transportes Aéreos del Sur, S.A.U. signed
the new contract for the provision of SAR in Spain for a period of four years with an option of extending it for two additional years.

EC 225 on order. O dear!!!!

haihio
23rd Nov 2012, 11:21
Does anyone know if Inaer in Spain has found all those co-pilots they were looking for?
Has anyone on this forum got that job?
Thanks for the info.

firebird987
23rd Nov 2012, 12:37
Hi,

What Co-pilots were they looking for?

Harry the Hun
23rd Nov 2012, 15:07
cheap ones!

Rotatohead
23rd Nov 2012, 15:20
How cheap? You got some Figures?

haihio
23rd Nov 2012, 16:02
Hi, I've already posted this question under helicopter jobs forum, Do you know if Inaer has hired all the pilots needed for this job yet?

I applied for the copilot position a while ago and I exchanged a few emails with a British recruiting agency but didn't hear back from them.

Thanks for the info.

apb
24th Nov 2012, 16:18
I don´t know if they hired all the pilots that they needed but a few of them yes.
Haihio,do you have Spanish ICAO level (at least level 4)?

212_Nightdipper
24th Nov 2012, 18:17
Cheap ones...I agree...I went trought the selection process...passed and in the end refused the offer...so many points in the contract that were not clear...no planning whatsoever about the machine I was going to be assigned or when I was supposed to start flying (and by doing so get at least a decent pay)....I passed...

Rotatohead
24th Nov 2012, 18:33
What was the pay and the work schedule they offered if I may ask?
Thx!

haihio
24th Nov 2012, 18:38
Hi apb. I speak Spanish with intermediate level of competency.
I'm Italian so Spanish is not that different.

212_Nightdipper
24th Nov 2012, 19:21
...2 weeks on ...2 weeks off...you can get fixed base (then they dont pay for the housing and tickets back and forth home) or rotational...the point was that they didnt know what type of contract they could offer me...they said so far is rotational but things are changing so we dont know for how long it could be like that (!)..then they didnt know if they were going to get me 139s or 76s...and when I was supposed to start flying...oh i forgot...till you get full type rated and operational on SAR missions, your paycheck would had been something like 1200 euros per month:=...do the math....:mad:

Rotatohead
24th Nov 2012, 20:19
schedule sounds good. Anything else...
Thanks for the info!

Perrito Piloto
25th Nov 2012, 10:49
Some "fresh" info from Inaer...

- Average flight hours per year on SAR operations: 120-130 hours (including training). That's the worst issue, IMO. Training is not enough for a safe operation.

- 2 on /2 off rosters never happens. :=
Your "next month" schedule would be on your hands 10 days in advance. Not before.
Usually you have a couple of schedule modifications in the course of the month.

Annual max. working time for crews is 2,000 hours in Spain.
At the present, Inaer is scheduling S76 SAR pilots over 2,150 and counting...
Pilots union has made several formal complaints against labor authority about it (these are still in progress)

- Pay scale doesn't exist. Your salary will be the same from your admission until you leave the company. It is about 40-50% less than other european companies doing the same kind of services.

212_Nightdipper is right. From several months ago, Inaer is considering SAR bases as "stable" bases. It means that they don't pay travels and accommodation anymore.
Because of the "stable" bases, Per diem would be included on your salary, so you have to pay tax for almost the whole "per diem" amount (it means about 3000-3500€ less per year). Lot of money.:ouch:

check
25th Nov 2012, 18:45
Conditions have certainly changed over the years. 9 years ago I was offered a job on €3200 a month plus a per diem. I spent a few months seconded to them and found their standards at the time quite high. The salary was too low for me, but a thousand more would have swung it even though I was on €10,000 elsewhere I lost almost half in tax.

Spanish then, and now is important as very few staff, pilots included spoke English, but that must be changing with the introduction of English being a licencing requirement.

prinztegame
25th Nov 2012, 22:14
Many things are chaning in Spain, but they seem not to be going in a good direction for the crews. A wise choice would be waiting a bit to see what the labour unions will be able to get from the company in terms of salary and working conditions. They're having quite a few meetings during these days.

For Check: 80% of the spanish crew are still not speaking english even if it is a requirement of the Sasemar contract. Undergoing a language proficency exam in Spain is a real joke and the C.A.A. doesn't consider it a requirement if you're not flying outside the spanish borders.