PDA

View Full Version : Fte Jerez: any bad experience?

pk487
21st Nov 2012, 21:57
Hi everybody!

I'm thinking to do my integrated atpl at Fte Jerez in the next months. It seems the best choice for many reasons.. Has anybody got bad (or horrible) experience to tell? Or just any suggestion..?

Thanks!

packo1848
22nd Nov 2012, 16:15
Are you self-sponsored? If so I wouldn't advocate such huge expenditure when the contract categorically states that they reserve the right to change prices at any time during your training. Despite emails assuring me that they have never done it before, I just couldn't justify the gamble with such huge sums being put into it.

In short, if you're looking at sponsorship I'd say go for it, if self-sponsored I'd probably steer clear. However, everyone has their own circumstances, and of the integrated schools, I would agree with you it seems the best.

If you want to know anymore about the selection process etc. please feel free to PM me.

pk487
22nd Nov 2012, 18:12
First of all, thank you for answering. :)

A sponsored course would be ideal obviously, especially with ba. ;)

On FTE site i found this: "Our all-inclusive price is €104,000
*NOTE: For clients wishing to contract in GBP, we can offer a fixed price of GBP86,000 (valid until 31st December 2012)."

Where have you read that the price could change during the training? :uhoh:

packo1848
22nd Nov 2012, 18:59
Once you've completed selection, FTE send you a contract prior to commencement of training, the majority of clauses in this contract were FTE reserving the right to change everything. Once I'd refused they sent me an email assuring me they had never changed prices etc. before, however it still didn't sit right for me.

sapco2
23rd Nov 2012, 12:38
And to make life tougher, the contract may arrive on your doorstep almost at the deadline date when they expect the contract to be signed, ie., 2 weeks before the course starts. By this time you'll be excited and geared up to start training - chances are you'll sign up to any additional clauses without thoroughly checking what you're agreeing to!

sapco2
23rd Nov 2012, 12:59
Just keep an open mind because FTE may have learnt from the error of their ways. In case the contract does arrive late, and if the terms and conditions are not as verbally agreed..... have a plan B up your sleeve!

pk487
23rd Nov 2012, 13:02
I will. Thank you for the infos! :)