PDA

View Full Version : UAE Visitor Visa

Rim-job
21st Nov 2012, 06:11
Can we still get visitor visa's for our relatives inbound to Dubai via the EK portal or do we have to go outside of the company?

I can't seem to find it via HR Direct and I recall something a while ago alluding to the fact we have to do it ourselves outside of EK. I have the in-laws coming to Dubai for the holidays and don't want to piss the misses off by messing this one up:}

Can someone shed some light on this matter?

Dubaian
21st Nov 2012, 07:31
Many nationalities can get a UAE visit visa on arrival - see here
UAE Visas | Visa & Passport Information | Emirates (http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/visa_passport_information/uae_visas.aspx)

Also has alternate methods of obtaining visas if you don't match the list.

vfenext
21st Nov 2012, 07:35
AFAIK not possible anymore to get visa through the company. Have to go through freightworks

Dropp the Pilot
21st Nov 2012, 10:56
From HR last week in response to a request for a visa for my ma:

"Unfortunately we do not provide visit visa for the mean time, however you can apply through our Ramool office for a commercial visit visa.

Best Regards,
Local Affairs Team"

Rim-job
22nd Nov 2012, 07:33
Thanks guys.. I'll look into this Ramool location.

kumul1
22nd Nov 2012, 12:09
You will need:
- Copy of visitors PP
- Copy of your PP and visa.
- Color PP photo of visitor
- Fill in an application form (provided on location)
-Copy of EK ticket. (subload ticket is sufficient)
-Payment....DHS 275 for 30 day visa
DHS 1115 for 90 days
-Get a photo copy of your EK ID as well.

I think that's about it but as you know, they may want a copy of your High School library card on the day so keep a sense of humor. :ok:

Rim-job
22nd Nov 2012, 17:06
Kumul1.... Will I need to bring a salary certificate? Someone mentioned that I would. Any truth to that?

kumul1
23rd Nov 2012, 02:35
I can't recall taking one. The office is an EK branch so they have most of the details.
Like I mentioned earlier, depending on the day and on who you deal with they may need your shoe size as well. The office is the next block from EGHQ so you can always pop over and get copies of whatever they require.:ok:

Rim-job
23rd Nov 2012, 04:32
Excellent... Thanks for the tip :ok: