PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Aircrew Manual

Scruffy Fanny
20th Nov 2012, 20:07
I'm doing a publication on the mighty Tornado -All marks RAF only- would any kind soul have an old ( the blue style) Tornado ACM ? I only need to borrow it for a few days and will happily refund postage and include a Xmas book FOC! Please pm me if you can help - think I must have handed mine back unopened !

Just This Once...
20th Nov 2012, 20:12
SF, pretty sure it says restricted at the top and bottom of every page.

Rigga
20th Nov 2012, 20:33
Many Tornado crew manuals are readily available for purchase on e-bay. (No. I don't know what marks are there) I found them when I was looking for Whirlwind manuals.

Remarkably, Tornado maintenance manuals are not available there.

Scruffy Fanny
21st Nov 2012, 06:11
Yes every page has restricted top and bottom! - fairly sure that the Chinese will not be incorporating the Tornado CSAS - flyby rods into their new stealth fighter! - I've actually got a Tornado manual on CD but I think it's for the Italian PA200 - Ill check flea bay thanks for the heads up

Scruffy Fanny
21st Nov 2012, 10:52
Thanks now have a copy

SRENNAPS
21st Nov 2012, 11:30
This might be helpful to some:8:8

RAF Tornado: 1974 to Date All Marks and Models Owner's Workshop Manual: Amazon.co.uk: Ian Black: Books

Geehovah
21st Nov 2012, 17:31
The joys of working in advance of publication, :)

Rigga
21st Nov 2012, 18:23
SF,
You're welcome.

raytofclimb
21st Nov 2012, 19:01
Since when did a document appearing on Ee Bay absolve everyone else from their responsibilities for protectively marked publications?

5aday
21st Nov 2012, 19:14
I suppose its a bit like owning a Navbag.
Move on.......

Scruffy Fanny
21st Nov 2012, 19:21
everything the RAF writes has restricted on it - why im not sure as it devalues the meaning of security- just so you can all sleep easily in your beds my Copy is from Panavia for an Aircraft called the PA200 - So thankfully those Chinese secret agents will not be getting all the secret workings of the High Level Wing Sweep device from me- Phew !- i won't confess to the time i burnt a whole pile of Crypto after Exc Elder Forest behind the line hut at Leeming....dont worry it was only Nato Top Secret :D

The B Word
21st Nov 2012, 19:39
That Haynes manual is blatant copy of the front copy of the 90s RAF unofficial magazine "Metal Detecting Monthly Incorporating The Irrigator".

Here is a link to the Facebook site and the Haynes manual edition is on the main page...

Metal Detecting Monthly Incorporating The Irrigator (MDMITI) | Facebook (http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Metal-Detecting-Monthly-Incorporating-The-Irrigator-MDMITI/58435641599)

Scruffy Fanny
21st Nov 2012, 19:54
frankly i prefer its NATO - non standard name - The Bristol Bluebottle - with apologies to Spike Milligan:=

Geehovah
22nd Nov 2012, 19:00
I don't think MOD will worry too much about a restricted PM from an aircraft which is out of service...

baigar
8th May 2013, 13:35
Lot of information on the Tornado is on the internet already -
there are various pages showing images of the cockpits of the
RAF Tornado, e.g. on the Jet Art Aviation's web page who even
sell nose sections and complete (reconstructed) aircraft:

F3T Cockpit ZE256 - tornadosig (http://tornadosig.weebly.com/f3t-cockpit-ze256.html)

I wonder whether someone out there knows what the ECM panel
of the early Tornado looked like and can spot this panel on
one of the pictures?

Erik.

Lima Juliet
8th May 2013, 23:34
Allegedly they want £120k for the aircraft...:eek:

Personally, I would want a discount for the incorrect Nav's Hand Controller for an F3 and lack of JTIDS panel...:ok: