PDA

View Full Version : Fight the Flight Path - Meeting Keilor 25 November

Critical Reynolds No
19th Nov 2012, 19:36
Hi PPruners,
Got this pamphlet in the letter box.
Never heard of this mob. Any relation to the Close Essendon group?
Have they not been discussing extra runways since there were outlines in the Melways back in the 1970s?

Fight The Flight Path | Fight The Flight Path (http://fighttheflightpath.org.au/)

OZBUSDRIVER
19th Nov 2012, 20:25
Gotta laugh. As soon as there is a change in the infrastructure, like BN getting a new complex further away from civilization, it gives the loonies the right to complain. Gawd! When I lived at Morayfield, some ALP loonie tried to get an anti-aircraft noise group started...the only overflights were on descent passing 8000ft and at flight idle! Got a group up but didn't last long...idiots!

Bevan666
19th Nov 2012, 21:28
Oh this is just so funny.

I remember looking at the Melways (street directory) in the 80's and it had 'proposed runway' then, and lovely red lines indicating areas of potential noise impact.

http://www.avsoft.com.au/ext/noise.jpg

:ugh:

Bonniciwah
19th Nov 2012, 22:14
This is a separate group to the Essendon crowd, though I'm sure they'll join forces at some point. This is a Keilor Village campaign which will be right under the new flight path.
Keilor used to be full of airline employees but I figure Ansett's collaps and the steady stream of maintenance jobs being lost at Qantas means a change in demographic.

Roger Gove
20th Nov 2012, 08:22
Bevan, Love the cartoon! Tullamarine was originally designed with five runways. The last two Master Plans have shown the multiple runways and the associated ANEF footprints. This is a seperate group to the Close Essendon Airport mob. They are associated with the Keilor Rate Payers Association so it would be a reasonable assumption that there are some developers and other such vested interests at play!:eek:

YPJT
20th Nov 2012, 08:36
Given the projected growth of aviation, the rivalry betwen SY and ML and the fact that ML has the space and none of the curfew restrictions I'd say this mob are on a hiding to nowhere. They may at best get a sympathetic letter from an MP or even a mininster but in the long term and from personal experience, that means four fifths of you know what.

500N
20th Nov 2012, 11:37
I think it was Jeff Kennett who gave a similar group
a broadside when he was in Gov't and effectively said
that their was no way any issues re Tullamarine would
get up because it was planned so far ahead and everyone
knew about the airport.

Bonniciwah
20th Nov 2012, 21:36
Melbourne Airport wants the third runway to be a new east-west which will take bigger aircraft such as the A-380. That should actually please people in Keilor as it means less late night flights using north-south.
Be interesting to see how Gladstone Park residents react.

Critical Reynolds No
20th Nov 2012, 21:39
I noticed the Emirates A380 land on 27 this morning. Thought they couldn't use that runway.

In_Transit
21st Nov 2012, 02:20
The A380 can land on 09/27 if the pilot's happy to (only happens once in a blue moon), it just needs a runway inspection afterwards. It only closes the runway for a couple of minutes after landing.

Dangnammit
22nd Nov 2012, 04:23
Saw an A380 land on 27 a few weeks ago.

I've always seen those proposed future runways marked in the melway.
Looks like it's time for me to move. Regardless of how much I love flying, I'm not going to have them on my roof in the middle of the night! Bugger! :{

A. Le Rhone
26th Nov 2012, 19:47
Always liked Clive Dorman's aviation articles and yet again he injects a little rationality into a too-often biased argument:

Airport noise | Sydney, Melbourne | Flight paths and expansion (http://www.theage.com.au/travel/blogs/travellers-check/airport-noise-stop-your-whingeing-20121126-2a1zc.html)