PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Tulcea Romania LRTC

falcon2000easy
19th Nov 2012, 16:59
Hey folks,

I have a trip coming up in December to LRTC, anyone have any first hand info on the place?

Thanks

Gavno
19th Nov 2012, 17:10
Yeah...nothing special, typical old eastern-block like kind...they take uvair cards so you have nothing to worry about...bring some cah in case of extras.( you know it's part of EEC now?)

falcon2000easy
19th Nov 2012, 20:21
Thanks for the reply Gavno,

It'll be our first time in Romania, Universal is taking care of our handling through Tiriac Air. I read that it is best to use cash for almost everything. Any issues with ramp security if we overnight?

Looking forward to going there. I did not know that they are part of EEC now. So I assume they are using Euros now?

His dudeness
19th Nov 2012, 20:31
So I assume they are using Euros now

No, not yet. And they are not part of the Schengen treaty yet IIRC. This means Immigration and Customs checks even when arriving from another EU country....

falcon2000easy
19th Nov 2012, 21:53
Thanks for the info

donPablo
20th Nov 2012, 09:42
One handling company/ one fuel provider and You will HAVE to pay cash only the terminal fees (ca 150 eur for LJ60 it was, and they were happy to take Euros and give back local LEI :-D ), handling/apt fees You can pay by CC.

Sleep only in Delta 4, which is not 4* but is the only one You can walk in. The catering You can take also from Delta 4 and from there only, even handler takes from there and advised our FA to take directly as she could see what she is ordering.

Narrow runway and lots of concrete-asphalt "connectors" in between and some minor holes filled by asphalt... Not the best for trolley lear wheels but Falcon-styled should not feel worst than anywhere in Russia. :}

Nice people though everywhere...