PDA

View Full Version : LPC requirements easa licences

md 600 driver
18th Nov 2012, 07:59
Hi all
I've been reading cap 804 and I can't find where the recency requirements for easa ppl is

I found the requirements for LAPL /h and a flight of 1 hour with a instructor is required (not examiner which surprised me )
But I could not find the section for PPL/H can anyone in the know point me in the right direction

Camp Freddie
18th Nov 2012, 08:43
Section 4 Part H, Subpart 2 Page 4 (the 208th page) it's as it s now.

FCL.740.H Revalidation of type ratings – helicopter

(a) Revalidation. For revalidation of type ratings for helicopters, the applicant shall:

(1) pass a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 to Part-FCL in the relevant type of helicopter or an FSTD representing that type within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating; and

(2) complete at least 2 hours as a pilot of the relevant helicopter type within the validity period of the rating. The duration of the proficiency check may be counted towards the 2 hours.

md 600 driver
18th Nov 2012, 09:04
i wonder why there is a difference in revalidations

if you have a ppl/h you need to fly with a examiner every year harder medical and if you have a lapl/h you only have to fly with a instuctor and get a medical from your own gp and have flown for 4 hours more in that year

there does not seem to be any other resrictions to the LAPL other than not being able to instruct

CL.140.H LAPL(H) — Recency requirements

(a) Holders of an LAPL(H) shall only exercise the privileges of their licence on a

specific type when they have completed on helicopters of that type in the last

12 months:

(1) at least 6 hours of flight time as PIC, including 6 take-offs, approaches and

landings; and

(2) refresher training of at least 1 hour total flight time with an instructor.

(b) Holders of an LAPL(H) who do not comply with the requirements in (a) shall:

(1) pass a proficiency check with an examiner on the specific type before they

resume the exercise of the privileges of their licence; or

(2) perform the additional flight time or take-offs and landings, flying dual or

solo under the supervision

Camp Freddie
18th Nov 2012, 10:16
Well I think the LAPL(H) is going to deliver a low standard pilot who just gets worse especially the ones who do just the 6 hours.

Even if they don't do the 6 hours, they can achieve it solo under supervision, so we are back to the old days where they never fly with anyone as was pre-JAR

My experience as an examiner is that people don't get better this way Standards are already shockingly low already in some pilots in my view.

md 600 driver
18th Nov 2012, 10:27
camp freddie

maybe so for new entrants

but there are substantial cost savings for any PPL flying more than 6 hours solo ,i think it will make lots of PPL pilots consider it, also the medical for over 50s is every 2 years and costs only £80 from a AME [maybe cheaper from a GP] £40 per Year

there does not seem to be a downside to it [except if you want to instruct ] or is there?

EASA cant be making cheaper can they ??

misterbonkers
18th Nov 2012, 15:13
MD600 - problem is if you have a good few types on your licence then with LAPL(H) you have to achieve 6 hours in each type + the dual flight on type which gets expensive.

Where as with PPL(H) there are still groups for SEP & SET (bar R22 & R44).

Pros and cons to both. LAPL(H) also restricts number of passengers - which could be a problem for some.

But then for types when there are so few Examiners (e.g. Hiller) it would make sense to have an LAPL(H) and just do dual instead,

Camp Freddie - in a good few cases the 1hour dual may even be with an instructor who is also an examiner - the dual instruction is an ideal way of keeping standards higher as it allows the instructor to refresh the student on areas he might have otherwise failed in a PC (on which you cannot give instruction). Unlike pre-JAR (pre 2000) where you just got signed off for doing the 5 flying hours at least the EASA rules mean private pilots are still getting some input from a 'proficient' source (term used loosely!)

LAPL(H) allows a lot of experienced folk flying N-reg machines etc, due to medical reasons, to now get EASA licence - a lot of these flyers have more experience and capability than some commercial jockeys out there.

md 600 driver
18th Nov 2012, 15:40
Point taken about someone with a few types on licence I didn't notice that part

Just seen pic of Santa on FB. You could have made your beard white or leave it to us older ones we don't have to make it white it comes that way naturally. Lol

misterbonkers
18th Nov 2012, 16:16
I'm only Santa's apprentice...!