PDA

View Full Version : I Will Continue to take my Bacon Sarnie

Rollingthunder
17th Nov 2012, 16:58
Airline food: Mice, cockroaches and gnats found crawling all over facilities where meals are prepared | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234407/Airline-food-Mice-cockroaches-gnats-crawling-facilities-meals-prepared.html)

Shiny side down
17th Nov 2012, 17:06
The other headline being-

'Extreme efforts made to make airline meals tasty and interesting....'

P6 Driver
18th Nov 2012, 10:30
Some bugs and insects can be quite tasty apparently - but I wouldn't fancy trying the theory.

Sober Lark
18th Nov 2012, 10:57
Q. What do you get if you cross some ants with tics?
A. All sorts of antics.

Sunny Side and Rolling you'd be great company on a long haul or at a dinner party.

chevvron
25th Nov 2012, 05:10
In September 2011 we went to Corsica with TOM and got a hot meal as an 'extra'. A month later, we paid the same price for a meal on TOM to Menorca and got a 'cold' snack. In Sept this year we flew BA to Naples. Outbound the 'meal' was a submarine roll filled with chicken and stuffing (just about edible) and inbound it was chicken with pesto which was REVOLTING!.
All sector lengths were slightly over 2 hours, so WHY the disgusting meals? I could understand if it was EZY/RYR or if the sector length was well under 2 hours, but surely us SLFs deserve some sort of decent food on board, especially when we have to pay extra on IT flights.

crewmeal
25th Nov 2012, 06:56
Perhaps they should hold 'I'm a celebrity......' in airline kitchens next year. They would have a field day!

I can see it now Ant and Dec saying the first one to bring 6 roaches from a first class trolley is the winner:D

Anagram
25th Nov 2012, 21:24
Non story. Rodents and insects get into any industrial environment, the trick is to keep things at a manageable level. Having eaten some truly dodgy meals in my time, I'm pretty blase about airline food.

Evanelpus
26th Nov 2012, 13:47
On any flight under 3 hours I always take my own.

2 reasons, obviously I know what I like to eat and drink so why rely on the airline to have your specific choice of grub on board. Secondy, the price, some of the snack prices on board are scandalous, even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed you!:ouch: