PDA

View Full Version : Engine management Training - Discounted!

Jabawocky
17th Nov 2012, 01:34
Folks, many of you have benefited from the likes of Chimbu Chuckles, Jamair and others posting on the topic of piston engine management.

The folk over in the USA who run the Advanced Pilot Seminars have active participation within the Beechcraft community, and have made a special offer for them to gain access to their online course and do a trial "Fun Test" after which you can then take a sample of module one of the training package for free. If you like what you see, you can sign up for the complete course. The training is of a standard most of us will never see anywhere else. It is excellent!

I wanted to share this with the GA folk downunder so while this looks like a commercial advertisement, it is not. I do hope this helps educate many folk to a higher level. So I asked John would it be alright to share this offer down here.

I have just had an email from John Deakin consenting to me posting this special deal that he has offered to folk in the Beech community.

Here is what he posted elsewhere, with permission of John Deakin APS;
For those who tried the "Fun Test," a special deal.

You talked, we listened. The answers are now included with the "Fun Test!"

Your "counter" has been reset to the slide where you were given your "Results," and all you have to do is log on (with your original credentials) and scroll down to see them.

We are also making available the rest of the course at a discounted price of $295 FOR ONE WEEK ONLY, in return for your trouble. Just go ahead and enroll at the FULL PRICE, and I'll rebate the $100. That's a manual process, so if you don't hear from me within a day or two, send me a prod.

Yes, new users, too.

(Next Seminar March 22 - 24, 2013)

So for more information Advanced Pilot (http://www.advancedpilot.com/onlinecourse.html)

When you create a username for the tutorial, be sure to add the suffix DOWNUNDER to the end of your username so JD knows you are part of the promotion and get the rebate. An example being "johnsmithDOWNUNDER"

And if you want to take it a step further, email john to sign up for the live course as well, he throws in the online for free. So you will not pay twice.

So I hope this is benefit to some the folk on this forum.

:ok:

DropYourSocks
17th Nov 2012, 04:35
Don't know what his seminars are like, but if they're anything like his Pelicans Perch articles I would imagine they would be well worth it. The articles taught me a lot about pistons that nobody ever seems to tell you.

Jabawocky
17th Nov 2012, 05:34
You aint seen nothing yet! :ok:

Walter Atkinson has been the major course constructor, and deserves a great deal of credit for the format and approach. Between the three of them with all their resources and skills, they have done more for GA education than anyone i can think of. :D

rioncentu
17th Nov 2012, 05:49
+1 vote for the APS course.:ok:

I managed to do it in Sydney with Walter Atkinson & George Braly as presenters.

Highly reccomend it to anyone.

A group of us even got out to dinner with those 2. They are great guys to boot as well as knowledgeable.

ForkTailedDrKiller
17th Nov 2012, 06:48
Between the three of them with all their resources and skills, they have done more for GA education than anyone i can think of. :D

Yep, that will do it! :E:E:E

Dr :8

frigatebird
17th Nov 2012, 08:44
You'll be right Jaba.. You and your currently employed airline mates can afford it.. - But they will probably give you a course for free for pushing it on this free pilots information and rumour site if anyone signs up.

Just glad my old bird has an earlier technology engine ( could run on 80/87 if it was still available) that is no challenge for an older 'ignorant' crewman....

NzCaptainAndrew
17th Nov 2012, 09:04
Highly recommended. A good pilot is one who is always learning :ok:

Jabawocky
17th Nov 2012, 09:54
FB

I have been there, done that and YES I do have the T shirt.....and if you dont believe me....I will go and take a photo of it.

I put my money where my mouth is :ok:

And yes my airline mates are currently employed, thanks for your concern, oh except those who are retired by choice......quite a few of them :uhoh:

Jack Ranga
18th Nov 2012, 05:38
frigatebird, I would hazard a guess and say that what you would learn on this course would save you the cost of fuel in your first year alone if you are a private operator let alone a commercial one.

Add to that the cost savings of NOT destroying your engine you are well ahead. Have read quite a bit about these fellas and heard a couple of them speak, they're good :ok: better than good, awesome :}

UnderneathTheRadar
18th Nov 2012, 06:44
+1 for the course (too slow Jabba - did it ages ago - just need a plane now.....:-(

UTR

Jabawocky
18th Nov 2012, 10:41
Huh

what happened to the aerostar?:sad:

Jack Ranga
18th Nov 2012, 12:02
It's not experimental, that's the problem :}

Old Akro
18th Nov 2012, 19:57
It's not experimental, that's the problem

Its taking as long as a homebuilt to be finished.

Jabawocky
20th Nov 2012, 03:09
Is anyone brave enough to be honest and post their results from the fun test? :ok:

uncle8
20th Nov 2012, 04:57
68%, using some information found here. Thanks.

Clearedtoreenter
20th Nov 2012, 07:41
This is quite useful too.... Bit slow to get started.

EAA Video Player - Your Source for Aviation Videos (http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1678859198001)